15. stabbing

Kyung glances at the identical scene in Trumpet Creeper while he peers at Haru and Dan Oh marvelling at the artificial stars.

He storms to the only place he thinks he can find answers.

Jinmichae barely reacts as he bursts through the door, slamming the burnt page on the table.

"You must know how the story ends." Kyung declares.

"How the story ends?" Jinmi muses, arms crossed and back turned.

"Who ends up together? Dan Oh and me? Or Dan Oh and him?"

He needs to know. He needs to know whether the writer intended for him to be with Eun Dan Oh because...

No. Don't even consider the possibility.

"Who the hell is Haru?" He demands.

"He's someone who can change the stage." Jinmi finally turns, smirking.

"I can change the stage too." Kyung scowls.

He should change it. Why should he mope around feeling like nothing in a story where he's supposed to be a main character?

Jinmi's smirk falls, and he lunges for him.

"Don't you dare. I lost everything I loved because of you."

Lila sighs as Jinmi pulls out the seat in front of her in the library.

"What?"

"Baek Kyung is dangerous." The chef hisses. "Keep him in check."

Lila glances up from her chemistry worksheet with curiosity. "Why is he dangerous?"

"He keeps walking around with burnt pieces of Trumpet Creeper and raging about Haru ruining the continuation."

Lila's face sets with dread. "Fine. I'll talk to him."

Hijack!

They're at the hospital. Stage Lila and Kyung wait nervously side by side in the corridor waiting for the outcome of Dan Oh's appointment.

"I don't think it's going to be good news." Stage Lila sighs.

Stage Kyung nods. "Neither."

"You should be extra good to her." Stage Lila smiles weakly.

Stage Kyung scoffs. "Are you a saint or something? You're telling me this when you admitted-"

"Don't say it." Stage Lila warns. "I should never have said it. It just made the situation worse."

Stage Kyung opens his mouth to say something, quickly cut off as Dan Oh and her father advance down the hallway.

"You two must have waited long." He beams at the pair.

"Why did you call Kyung?" Dan Oh demands with upset.

"He didn't call me. Lila told me she was coming, and I came because I wanted to."

Stage Lila desperately keeps a smile on her face.

"You hate coming to the hospital, but I make you come here every time." Dan Oh comments sadly, eyes beginning to glisten.

God give me strength. Here comes one of the writer's ingenious plot twists.

"I will not marry him."

Real Lila's eyes widen.

This is the same as Trumpet Creeper.

"Dan Oh, what are you talking about?" Stage Lila exhales.