4. pretty

"His role is even smaller than yours. Will he be able to change your fate?" Jinmichae attempts to dissuade Dan Oh's desire to change the story whilst Lila hoovers up the leftover snacks from lunchtime.

She knows Jinmichae is very much lying through his teeth and wants no part of it. Whilst they continue their debate, Lila clambers onto the table on the corner and attempts to climb onto the floating chair.

She almost falls over as Lee Dohwa bursts through the door with a desperate look on his face. He freezes at the sight of her gripping the floating chair leg then collapses on the floor. Lila looks between the object and her startled friend.

"You can see that?" Lila enquires.

He frantically nods.

"Ah, this is not good." Lila sighs and hops off the table, making her way to the others gathered around the counter.

"Eun Dan Oh!" Dohwa exclaims, scrambling to his feet. "Why is this place so hard to get to?"

Jinmichae chuckles menacingly. "Things are happening exceptionally fast in this world. Two characters already?"

Lila nods in agreement, rounding the table so she can scrutinise Dan Oh and Dohwa from beside the disgruntled chef.

"Tell me about it." She muses. "Guaranteed shit storm incoming."

"They have egos too?" Dohwa gasps. "Lila does? Since when?"

"Ages. Rather unfortunate to see you're basically the same as stage you." She drawls.

"Stage me?" Dohwa blinks.

Dan Oh sighs, throwing Secret on the table. "Read this."

Lila exchanges a hopeless shake of the head with Jinmichae.

This world is royally fucked and the story's barely started.

Hijack!

Lila blinks.

"Are you going to actually help?"

She side eyes Baek Kyung.

"What is the guy on his cell phone, contributing zero, so loud for?" She retorts, haphazardly dumping a blue chemical into the glass tank. It wafts in his preoccupied face.

Kyung glares at her. Namjoo laughs. "Stop fighting."

Then for no reason at all, he stands up, causing a passing Dan Oh to accidentally knock his phone to the floor.

"Pick it up." Namjoo barks.

"Pick it up yourself." Juda stops Dan Oh from obeying him.

"Well, shit." Lila whistles lowly. Even Baek Kyung looks up from his beloved device.

"You should get off your high horse." Namjoo scoffs.

"It's you who should!" Juda, oh so creatively counters. Everyone in the class begins to heckle sans the main leads. The two supporting leads exchange an unimpressed look at the side.

"Everyone's so easily excited in this story." Lila chuckles.

Baek Kyung raises an eyebrow. "Story?"

Lila rolls her eyes. "Oh right. Never mind."

They apathetically watch Namjoo corner Juda, and consequently Dan Oh, into a pile of boxes containing chemicals.

Lila gapes as Thirteen leaps to action when Dan Oh tumbles into the back of the boxes, whilst Juda falls forward. In an attempt to save Dan Oh, Thirteen sends a stack clattering against the ground, dry ice scattering everywhere. Lila flinches as a chunk collides with her cheek.