25. disappear

A/N: I feel like I need to make this clear bc I got a few comments about this throughout the story... dialogue in the stage is supposed to be cliché, cringey, and ill-timed because it's a cheesy comic book written by the 'writer'. It's intentional sdkdsjkd. Please don't conflate stage characters w the real ones <3. Anyway hope you enjoy this update and pls vote. 

Baek Kyung wakes up first, eyes darting open to check his sick and twisted mind didn't concoct such a vivid dream straight out of his fantasies. He sighs in relief at the sight of the back of Lila's head, shoulders rising and falling with the softness of slumber. He can't help but smile to himself, pressing a kiss to her exposed shoulder before securing the strap of her cami which appears to have slipped in the night. He attempts to smooth out her hair without waking her, eliciting something between a protest and a blissful sigh.

"Two more minutes." Lila mumbles. "Won't be late."

Kyung chuckles. Lila whines in her tired state, peeking one eye open and pouts.

"What time is it?" It sounds grumpy, but her hand darting out to tenderly fix his hair away from his forehead tells him otherwise.

Kyung unabashedly stares. "No idea."

Her eyes roll behind her lidded eyes, reaching out for him for a hug. Kyung gets the message, encasing her with his warmth, burying his face in the crook of his neck. Lila's reminded that Baek Kyung doesn't sleep with a shirt on, a discovery which caused her much silent delight as they clambered into bed last night. She traces along the ridges of his back and over the faded scars of his adolescence. Kyung groans at her lingering touch, a sound which reminds her of last night. Lila flushes, her hand stalling.

Kyung notices, withdrawing from her proximity to smirk at her.

"Don't go shy on me now, princess."

"Shush." Lila presses her finger to his lips and suppresses a smile as Kyung pecks her index. "'I'm trying to sleep."

He chuckles, gaze flittering over her face. He kisses the inside wrist of her extended hand without breaking eye contact. Lila swallows thickly.

"'I'll let you sleep," Kyung leans closer, "after I've had my morning kiss."

She doesn't even make the pretence of annoyance, simply letting him capture her lips with his own. It's lazy and slow, drowning out the chirping birds and whichever staff are opening whichever doors around the house. His hands make their languid way under her cami, drawing out a low whine which has Kyung's head spinning.

"You make the prettiest noises." He mumbles against Lila's lips, his own dragging down to her neck. His eyes almost roll back as her nails scrape against his scalp. "Want you so-"

"Lila!" The sudden bang against her bedroom door shatters the atmosphere. Lila squeals under her breath, slipping from underneath him and leaping out of bed. She fixes her skimpy pyjamas as she pads to the door. "Come down for breakfast, Uncle's getting pissy!"

"Give me five minutes, Haru!" Lila shouts through the door, turning to look at Baek Kyung with a half-amused, half-alarmed expression.

"It better be! I can't be late today."

"Alright." Lila barks back at her cousin through the thick oak door, annoyed at the interruption.

Kyung drags a hand down his face in disbelief whilst Lila ensures her cousin's footsteps have faded. She stifles a laugh at Kyung's torn expression.

"Looks like we slept in too long for you to sneak out the front door."

"Everyone will see me if I go out of the backdoor too." He huffs, glancing at the bedroom window. "If I break my leg...will it be fixed after my next stage?"