12. stay away

Hijack!

Lila internally sighs as the green tinge settles around her.

She's sitting on the plastic chairs beside the tennis court, damp with sweat and panting. Haru flops down beside her, equally exerted.

"By the way, how come Kyung isn't here today?" Stage Lila tries to subtly enquire.

Haru shrugs. "He's probably with his fiancé."

Stage Lila rolls her eyes. Haru knowingly smirks.

"Aren't you going to do anything about it? You're really going to watch Baek Kyung marry another girl?"

Stage Lila kisses her teeth. "You know I don't go down without a fight, cousin."

Hijack!

Stage Lila slides on top of Yeo Juda's desk. The protagonist jolts in shock as the popular girl slams a bottle of strawberry milk beside her with a grin.

"Hi Juda-ah."

"Lila-ah, what's up?" Juda smiles softly.

Stage Lila tilts her head with forlorn puppy eyes and a pout. "Juda-ah, I have a favour to ask for."

Juda raises her eyebrows in surprise. What could Min Lila possibly need from her of all people?

"Of course!" She nods firmly. "What is it?"

"Well," Stage Lila sighs, "I'm sure you know but lately A3 is in pieces. And I'm sure you know it's because Namjoo and Dohwa are fighting over you."

Juda's eyes widen. She bashfully gasps, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Really?"

Real Lila internally eye rolls so hard that they could roll down the freeway at 90 miles per hour.

"Yes. It's not your fault obviously but I think you're the only person who could persuade Namjoo to stop this rubbish."

Hijack!

Stage Lila bursts into the A3 room and grins at the sight before her.

"I knew it!" She exclaims, skipping excitedly to the three boys with their hands piled together.

She throws hers on top.

"Hey, are you A3?" Stage Kyung scoffs.

Real Lila slows for a moment. This was the first time she had seen him since the hospital.

Stage Lila smiles at him, her heart racing as she touches his hand.

Oh, get a grip. It's a hand pile.

Stage Kyung gives her a weird look.

The ending sound chimes.

Lila removes her hand as quickly as lighting.

"Damn it." Kyung ridicules, throwing his hand off the pile. "Why did we have to do this?"

He turns quizzically as the spot beside him is suddenly empty.

"Min Lila."

She curses to herself as Kyung's familiar voice echoes in the hallway, attracting attention as usual.

Ugh. Why did he follow me?

Lila pays no heed and continues to walk.

Haru rounds the corner, smirking as he sees Kyung speeding after his cousin. He catches her arm.

Lila scowls. "What Haru?"

He shrugs, throwing her towards his friend.

Lila stumbles a little, back hitting Kyung's chest. He steadies her by her shoulders. She lurches forward.