2. secret

Lila bursts into the library to find what exactly, she doesn't know. She just needs answers.

It was now, very scarily clear to her that she was no longer in the world she was used to or knew.

This must be a new world, Lila concludes. And how did she get here? She wracks her brain over the past few scenes of craziness and gasps, almost knocking over several books as she runs to the quiet, abandoned corner of the library.

Alas, the sparkly portal she was sent tumbling through is gone.

"Oh no. No, no, no. This is very bad." Lila freaks to herself, fingers winding in her scalp anxiously as the other waves in front of the blank wall. "Black hole come back!"

The act, obviously, does not summon the wormhole. Lila's shoulders sag, she glares at the wall one last time and twists around.

"Think, Lila." She whispers to herself. "You're in a library, there must be some information here."

The girl rifles through shelf by shelf before feeling a strong energy, a pull even, to a certain book.

"Secret?" She reads the gold inscription unsurely as it seems to move across the black background adorned with orangey-red flowers.

Lila's hand quivers as she flips the first page.

The book falls the the floor, Lila clutches her head in agony as a torrent of images, voices, and memories, flood into her head.

Like her entire life flashed before her eyes.

"Min Lila." She breathes. "My name's the same but everything's....different."

With shaky legs she attempts to pick up the Manhwa but ends up on the floor anyway as she snatches it up, determined to find answers.

Main character: Min Lila. Supporting Lead, 18, Childhood friend of A3.

"How fucking informative." Lila scowls, throwing the book in a huff and not even bothering to read the rest as delirious panic sets in.

"A3 is those three boys everyone stupidly worships for no reason?" Lila mutters, pushing herself off the floor and stomping further into the library.

She collides with a body.

"Oof. Sorry, my bad." Lila winces, craning her head to apologise to the tall figure. He stares blankly and says nothing. Then he walks off.

"What the fuck?" She scoffs, her mind preoccupied with more pressing issues than the voiceless stranger. "What to do now?"

Jinmichae almost slices his finger off as the kitchen door bursts open.

"Geum Jin Mi! Where the fuck have you been?"

He throws down the knife and turns, stumbling into the kitchen island as she launches herself and crushes him in a hug.

"I was so scared! But you're here. Thank God." Lila blabbers, voice wavering as he pats her back with confusion.

"I can't believe I'm a high school student and a supporting role at that...how disgusting!" Lila whines as Jinmichae holds her at arm's length, eyes narrowed.

"How on earth did you get here? I thought you weren't aware. What happened?"

"What do you mean not aware?" Lila pouts.

"In the last world, you weren't aware! You acted the same in the shadow as the stage!"

Lila tilts her head. "Shadow and stage?"

"The stage? Where you say stuff and do stuff you don't want to?"

"Oh, like when I feel like I'm a puppet? I never had a name for it, but the stage is smart, Jin Mi. And I'm assuming the shadow is like now? When I can say and do what I want?" She blabbers, picking a can of cola up and opening it in an attempt to calm herself.