3. extra

Lila can already hear Jinmichae's disappointed lecturing in her head as she spies on Baek Kyung and Eun Dan Oh's conversation.

"I'm sick of being your caregiver."

If her mouth wasn't already ajar, it had hit the floor as she eavesdropped on Baek Kyung's brutal tirade. Her eyes are narrow as he storms around the corner, halting in surprise at the familiar girl with her arms crossed and a stormy expression etched on her face.

Hijack!

Wait. Why do I have a stage right now? With Baek Kyung? We're the side protagonists.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Lila demands out of her own free will, too angry to care about the potential outcome.

Kyung blinks in momentary shock before an incredulous smirk overtakes his face. "What did you say?"

"The way you just spoke to Eun Dan Oh was vile. You should be ashamed of yourself." Lila castigates.

Why am I bothering?

Kyung rolls his neck with annoyance. "Min Lila, you should really mind your business. Don't be spiteful because all your potential engagements got dropped."

Lila's eyes widen in disbelief. Even Kyung seems surprised with himself, something akin to regret flashing through his eyes for a split second.

She chuckles humourlessly. "Are you looking down on me? When your father has you grovelling for a sick girl's favour so he can get a nice investment? I don't even know how you sleep at night."

Kyung's jaw clenches, and he exhales angrily, his top lip snarling. "Well, at least I can actually contribute something to my family. All you've given yours is embarrassment and shame. So much that they sent you across the world to get rid of you."

The green hue vanishes. The end sound chimes.

Lila's throat closes up. Baek Kyung swallows.

"I didn't-"

"I know." Lila sighs. "It's just what you're made to say. You're still an asshole though."

"What I'm made to say?" Kyung repeats.

Lila waves her hand dismissively. "See you whenever I'm forced to. Bye."

She wanders into the library, five seconds later Dan Oh arrives and tugs her over to one of the tables.

"So you saw the future, and it turns out you'll fall down the stairs and break your arm?" Lila summarises the extra's impending predicament.

"My leg. But yes."

"Well, shit." Lila sighs, half interested as she scans the library. "Hey." She nudges Dan Oh, "Would you look at that?"

"Gosh, it's finally beginning." Dan Oh comments as they watch with disgust as Lee Dohwa falls for Yeo Juda through a mere gap in a bookshelf.

"The writer isn't very creative." Lila scratches her neck in disbelief.

"Poor Dohwa." Dan Oh sighs. "He's in for some heartbreaks."

The next morning, or maybe it wasn't - chronology isn't a thing in the comic world - Lila rushes to the library.

"Found you!" She exclaims, grabbing the tall boy's arm. "Follow me."

Don't worry, Eun Dan Oh. I'll save your leg.

See, Min Lila was not your average comic book character. For as long as she could remember, she could change the stage. Say things whenever. Move whenever. Act however she wanted. Yet she usually didn't for the sake of the storyline, being free in the shadow was enough for her. It wasn't worth the chaos.