11. hospital

"Are you going to walk home?" Kyung scoffs as Lila walks straight past him and the car.

She doesn't answer.

"It's dark," Kyung calls after her.

Lila rolls her eyes. She doubts the writer created a bunch of criminals to run riot on the streets during the shadows if the sky still has gaping black gaps.

She gasps in shock as a pair of arms wrap around her, flinging her over their shoulder.

"Why did you have to make it the hard way?" Kyung mutters bitterly, holding her skirt in place as she writhes around.

"Put me down now," Lila demands.

So he does. Unceremoniously dumping her right outside the black SUV and shoving the door open.

Lila glares at Kyung as he glares back, body trapping hers so she has no room to go except backwards into the car.

Just get in. The sooner you leave, the less you have to talk to him, argue with him or breathe the same air as him.

With one last withering look, she strides into the car, slamming the door after her.

Baek Kyung sighs at his reflection in the tinted window. His head snaps up at the sound of heels.

"Hey. Get in the car." He orders Eun Dan Oh.

"No thanks. My driver will be here soon." She mutters.

"Get in the car. Please."

Lila slams her head against the window in irritation as Baek Kyung shouts after the girl.

He jumps in the car.

"Follow her."

"She'll be fine. Stop bothering her." Lila states tonelessly.

Kyung ignores her comment, watching Dan Oh slump through the streets with his window rolled down.

"Stop the car."

Lila glowers out the window as she's demoted to the back of the car. Dan Oh sulks in her former seat.

"You've been crying all day." Kyung declares, dumping a carrier bag into the sad girl's lap.

Lila frowns. Did he make her a care package?

Dan Oh sighs and ignores the contents in the lap, Kyung extends an icepack for her swollen eyes.

He turns to the back and raises his eyebrows at Lila as his eyes travel between her and Dan Oh.

Do I only exist to take care of your fiancé?

She rolls her eyes and clears her throat. "Dan Oh-ah please eat something, you haven't eaten all day."

"I can't. I feel like I'm going to die."

They pull up to the gate of the Eun's house. Dan Oh immediately gets out of the car, Kyung following.

Lila sighs for the nth time that day and clambers into the second row. She glances at the silent driver.

"Do you ever wonder what the point of your existence is, sir?"

He shakes his head. Lila scoffs under her breath. "I should live more like this guy. Seems like he's chillin'."

The car is silent so she can't help but hear the tense exchange from outside.

"I will do what he did with you. I can help you change the story."