6. violence

Min Lila raises an eyebrow at An Soochul. "Did you have to price my pictures at 4000 won? You won't even give me a mate's rate?"

"Sorry, Lila-ah. Business is business. Now can I interest you in any photos of A3? "

Lila rolls her eyes and hops off the elevated platform at the front, elbowing her way through the crowd so she can study the array of polaroids that Soochul had, admittedly rather cutely, displayed. She swats a hand away which reaches for a picture of her and A3, plucking it off.

She glares at Lee Yangsam as their hands collide over a rather nice shot of her looking at the sea.

He gulps. "I'll buy it for you, Lila-ah."

Lila smiles charmingly. "Thank you."

She plucks a few pictures of her from other pupils, figuring she may as well abuse her power as the most popular girl in school. Not like anyone will remember this anyway.

Lila sighs in exhaustion and slumps back in the wooden chair, chuffed to have evaded paying and squabbling over certain shots. She lays hers over the desk and coos at the cuteness.

"Oh Namjoo straight flush!" Saemi cheers.

Lila claps her hand sarcastically as Dan Oh sits empty-handed. Lila shows her a picture of the two of them. "I'll scan and send it to you."

The extra bumps on her shoulder. "That's so cute!"

Saemi slaps two polaroids on the desk. "Dan Oh, what are friends for?"

Lila raises her eyebrows at the sight of Thirteen - no, Haru - in the back of one of the shots.

Dan Oh flings the shot of Lila, herself and Baek Kyung stood together with sour expressions to Lila.

She holds up her photo with Haru. "I'll keep this one."

"But I'm not in it."

Lila looks up in surprise as Baek Kyung scours Dan Oh's picture with disgust. She frowns, glancing around the room.

No green tinge.

We're not on The Stage. Since when did Baek Kyung care what Eun Dan Oh did in the shadow?

He snatches the group shot of the three of them from Lila, holding it out to Dan Oh. "Not this one?"

Dan Oh ignores him, swooning over Haru's picture. Lila jolts as he slams the unwanted Polaroid back on the desk and walks away.

"Sheesh. I'm in it too, guys." She pouts, snatching the photo up and pettily slapping it back on Soochul's poster gallery.

"Lila, you still haven't paid!" He calls after her.

Lila scowls as she chops up leeks in the school kitchen.

"Did you know about Dan Oh naming that extra Haru? And the continuity changing?" Jinmichae demands.

"If you're going to nag for not telling you, then don't. I'm holding a knife and I am not in a good mood." She warns.

"You need to try and stop her. And Lee Dohwa, she's putting ideas in his head." Jinmichae sighs.

Lila shrugs. "Or what? Things change in the story? Is that even a bad thing?"

She jolts as he slams the glass bowl against the table. The chef's expression is deadly.

"I keep forgetting that you don't remember what happened in the world before the last." He comments darkly.

"What are you-"