5. Haru

"Did he really call me pretty?" Lila scoffs as she stands on the rocky beach with her classmates.

"Lila-ah, snap this stone with me." Park Mobum bounds up to her.

She frowns at the slate. Why does he want to snap a piece of rock with me?

"Okay?"

Suddenly, a flock of boys gallop towards her, slates in tow.

She snaps the stone, blinking as Mobum groans at his bigger piece.

As the line moves forward, everyone receives the same result. They break off the larger chunk with whines of disappointment.

Hijack!

Lila sighs tiredly as another shadow emerges in front of her, she looks up.

"Namjoo-ah?" Her character sounds surprised.

He smirks as he always does, glancing at the slate that magically appeared in her pocket.

"You haven't asked to do a love stone with anyone yet?" He raises an eyebrow. "You have lots of admirers."

"They're not worth my time." Stage Lila smiles.

Namjoo laughs. "Break it with me, then."

"Who says you're worth my time?" She teases.

Ew. Get me out of here.

"Just don't snap it with Dohwa."

She playfully crosses her arms. "Will you two ever stop fighting?"

Namjoo sighs, grabbing the stone out of her pocket and shedding its wrapping. He grabs her hand and places one-half in her palm.

"Three, two, one."

It snaps exactly in half.

Oh God. What does that mean?

"This means..." Lila trails off.

Namjoo clears his throat. "That we're good friends who like each other equally."

Lila nods along awkwardly. "Yes." Her voice is pitchier than usual. "Of course."

She looks out to the shore and gasps in horror.

Lila tears down the rocks upon the sight of Eun Dan Oh wading through the water.

"Dan Oh! Come out! What are you doing?" She screams after her.

"Baek Kyung threw his side of their love stone into the water. She went to get it." A classmate informs her.

Lila curses. This is stage Dan Oh.

How humiliating.

The worst part is Lila knows she shouldn't interfere.

Baek Kyung sneezes and clicks his tongue. "Someone must be talking about me."

Lila glares at him as he lounges in his chair without a care in the world, feet atop the coffee table as if he hadn't shattered Stage Dan Oh's heart in the cruellest way earlier that day.

"Probably a lot of girls are." Dohwa muses. "How many love stones did you break?"

"A lot." Kyung replies casually.

Lila rolls her eyes. What do they see in you?

Namjoo glances up from his book.

"Do you even know what you were doing?"