Christmas Oneshot

It was the twentieth of December and the Rescue Bots were putting up Christmas decorations. The Recruits were confused, but they decided not to question it. Hotshot decided to ask his mentor what was going on.

“Professor, why are you putting up decorations?” Hotshot asked. Heatwave shrugged.

“A human holiday called Christmas is coming soon. The other professors and myself decided to decorate for the holiday,” Heatwave answered. “Oh, and Bee’s team, Optimus, and somebody named Firefrost is coming over.”

“Cool. Can I take a quick trip to Cybertron? I’ll be back later today,” Hotshot asked. Heatwave nodded his head.

“As long as I come with. Just as a precaution,” Heatwave told the young boy. Hotshot smiled as they walked to the ground/space bridge. They went to Cybertron as Heatwave looked around. “It’s been a while since I was last here.”

“Eh. I lived here until I went to the academy. So, it's all the same,” Hotshot shrugged as he started to walk.

“So why did you want to come?” Heatwave asked. 

“A gift. You see, one of the people who raised me knew what Christmas was. So we normally give each other something, so I wanted to look for something,” Hotshot answered. The two went into a shop. After a couple of minutes, Heatwave lost Hotshot and he was panicking slightly. He was looking around the store and he could not find the recruit. Then he decided to try the comms.

“Hotshot, where are you?” Heatwave asked worried. 

“Oh, sorry. I just checked out. Come to the front of the store,” Hotshot replied. Heatwave walked to the front noticing Hotshot by the door.

“Don’t run off again,” Heatwave told the young boy. Hotshot shrugged before walking out. Heatwave followed. “Did you not hear me or are you just ignoring me.”

“Oh, I heard you. I just did not answer. And I won’t. Do you want to go sightseeing a little? It’ll be fun,” Hotshot asked him. Heatwave shrugged. Hotshot smiled as he pulled Heatwave through the crowded streets. Soon enough, they got to a place where the metal was turned into plants and it was colored accordingly. 

“How did you find this place?” Heatwave asked.

“I stumbled upon it once, and I would come here if I was upset. Well, if I was on Cybertron,” Hotshot answered. The two walked through the forest a little before calling for a space bridge. Once they came through, Hotshot ran to his room as the other recruits and professors looked at Heatwave confused.

“To answer your question, Hotshot wanted to go to Cybertron to get something. I do not know what, so don’t ask,” Heatwave answered the unspoken question before he walked off himself. The others were left in confusion.

Timeskip brought to you by Christmas day.

Christmas day had arrived at the academy and the place was buzzing. The recruits and professors were waiting at the ground bridge for Bee’s team to enter. When the Bee team walked through with a few others, they instantly started talking to others. After a few minutes, the space bridge opened and Optimus and a femme walked through, arguing with each other. 

“Hey, stop bickering like the siblings you are, and join us,” Ratchet chuckled.

“Damn Ratchet, didn’t know you were sarcastic,” the femme chuckled. Ratchet rolled his eyes before smiling at her.

“Nice to see you too, Firefrost,” Ratchet smiled as they hugged. They all went to the sim room to hang out. They socialized as Hotshot walked up to Firefrost tapping her. She looked down and nodded her head. Optimus, Ratchet and Bumblebee looked at her confused. She looked up and gave them a smile.

“Please excuse me for a moment. This little fellow needs to ask me something,” Firefrost told them as she walked off with Hotshot. “So, how’s life at the academy doing?”

“Great. I actually got you something. Since you took care of me since the whole, dead parents thing,” Hotshot told her as he took her to his room. He got the present out giving to her. She sat down and opened it. She took out a metal dolphin, painted in blue and grey. She gave a small smile. “It’s a.”

“Dolphin, I know the animal. I did live on the Earth before. I love it, thank you, young one,” Firefrost told him. Soon enough they went back to the group, going their own ways. After a little more chit chatting, Heatwave and the other rescue bots gave a whole speech, thanking everyone that came and wishing them a merry Christmas. One by one, the other bots left, the last to leave was Firefrost. They were outside on the launch pad as she geared up to leave. “Well this was fun. I will be taking my leave now.”

“Hey Firefrost?” Hotshot asked. She looked down at him, nodding her head. “Are we going to have a prank war when I get back to the orphanage?”

“Of course. The others have been dying to have one with you again. See you soon, Hotshot,” Firefrost told him as she transformed into a boat, driving away. The others looked at Hotshot in shock.

“Wait, you're an orphan?” Heatwave asked. Hotshot shrugged, giving him a guilty smile.

“Have been for a while. Why?” Hotshot asked. Everyone looked at him as if he was stupid. Heatwave got an idea, but he wasn’t too sure. 

“Can I adopt you?” Heatwave asked. Hotshot smiled.

“Sure!” he squealed. He looked at Heatwave with a happy smile. “But you’ll have to talk to Firefrost after this year. Afterall, she is the one taking care of me.”

“That won’t be a problem,” Heatwave smiled as they walked away talking to each other.

“Well this was one interesting day,” Whirl said. Everyone still outside agreed before walking back inside.