Chapter 24- Final chapter

It has been well over a year since Heatwave adopted Hotshot, and things have been looking up for the recruits and their professors. Hotshot was far more comfortable around the others at the academy and started to tell them stories of his life prior to meeting them. Everyone enjoyed when Firefrost and Optimus came around, mainly due to their stories, what they taught, and just the presence of the two made the academy more fun. Hotshot and Heatwave grew closer to one another, and it was pretty much expected to see them together when they both had down time. In fact, Heatwave being the dad of the recruits soon enough became a teasing point for the professors, and the recruits joined in at times. Though it was agreed among the recruits that Chase and Boulder were the uncles as Blades just seemed to be the cool aunt to a group. The recruits and professors all had running jokes that only a few of the jokes were known by both the professors and recruits. However, there is a running debate on who the mom would be for the academy was and none of the recruits could answer that, not even Hotshot.

"What are you guys doing?" Heatwave asked, walking into the recruit's hangout room. The kids were having a debate on the roles of the professors and others that they have met since joining together. When Heatwave spoked to them, they all jumped, screamed, and putting everything away. Heatwave raised an optic ridge at them.

"Hey, dad, how are you?" Hotshot asked in a voice that said he was either lying or hiding something. Heatwave just sighed at his sons actions as he looked at the others who looked just as nervous as his son.

"I'm not going to ask, nor do I want to know. Hotshot, did you forget what today was?" Heatwave asked as everyone looked at him confused. However, it dawned on Hotshot what he needed to do.

"Right training. Didn't Aunt Frost tell you that training today is off or did she not?" Hotshot answered his dad, who looked at the young recruit confused.

"I'm pretty sure that it she didn't cancel today's training, Hotshot," Heatwave stated back. The recruits noticed that it would become an argument, so they decided to step in.

"Actually, it's true. Last time when she trained all of us, she said that she had a mission to do afterwards, so she wouldn't be able to train Hotshot later on," Medix answered, stepping next to Hotshot and putting his servo on the other recruit's shoulder. "If you want, ask Chase. I remember that he was in the room when it happened."

"What is this about me?" Chase asked as he walked into the room at the most convenient time. Heatwave looked to him and decided to ask a question.

"Did Firefrost say that she was on a mission?" Heatwave asked his fellow Professor at the academy. Chase thought about it for a moment before nodding his head.

"Actually, yes. A few days ago, and she wouldn't be back to train Hotshot so she'll contact you to reschedual it. Was that all?" Chase asked Heatwave with a questioning face. Heatwave shook his head as Chase took Whirl out. Soon enough, the rest of the recruit's mentors came and picked up their recruits, leaving Heatwave and Hotshot in the room. Heatwave picked up his son and walked into their shared room to do their own things.

"What do you want to do today then, Hotshot?" Heatwave asked, as Hotshot snuggled into his dad with a smile. The kid sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know, nor do I really care. Just don't set me down, I just got comfortable," Hotshot answered as Heatwave sat down. Hotshot fell asleep shortly after as Heatwave decided to catch up on some work that he doesn't mind if his son saw. He never once let go of his son, soon enough, just watching the child sleep peacefully. It was still surreal to Heatwave that he had a son, let alone the most troublesome of the recruits, but he wouldn't trade it for the world. It has been three and a half years since he met the kid, and almost a year and a half since the drama on Cybertron and Hotshot running away. And within those three years he has grown attached to the kid, sometimes not even wanting to let him out of his sight. Heatwave rested his head on Hotshot, before dozing off himself, happy to have him in his life, and for the problems of the past to never come back again.