Chapter 23

Third POV

It was Hotshots birthday, not that Hotshot believed anyone would know. Despite everything they went through a few months prior, Hotshot still did not tell them everything, however, he was beginning to open up to them more than before. Everyone treated him better and took the blame when it was their fault. Everyone at the academy was getting along even better than before and a little more open about what happened to them prior to the academy. Hotshot got out of bed, and what to where he was meeting up with Heatwave and Firefrost for the day. Despite it only being one and a half months since returning, Hotshot felt more comfortable around certain people. He was even closer to Heatwave, whom he saw as a dad more than his mentor, Firefrost, whom he calls his aunt, and Wedge, whom was like a brother to him. The whole Firefrost being an aunt was a joke, but it somehow stuck and the recruits just call her aunt Frost despite being their teacher. Heatwave did not go back to the way he was teaching Hotshot before and decided to find common interests between the two and working from there, in turn, the relationship between the two only got stronger. Once Hotshot came to the meetup place with the two adults, their conversation ended as they turned and smiled at him.

"Morning Hotshot, how are you doing Kid?" Heatwave asked. Hotshot, who was still not planning on telling them, minus Firefrost who may or may not already know, that the day was his birthday, or creation day. He smiled at the two, not realizing that they both knew that today was his creation day, as does the others. It would technically be a day off, but since everyone wanted to celebrate his birthday, the two adults planned to distract him till the others set up a surprise party.

"I am doing better, how about you?" the kid asked as Heatwave smiled at him. The three ended up training and sparing, which was something Heatwave and Hotshot liked, not entirely Firefrost, but she was okay with a little workout. Though, Heatwave was a little more beat up, not really as trained in martial arts nor street fighting. At about six in the evening, they decided it might be best to go back in and do something else besides what they were doing. Hotshot was going to meet up with the recruits in their normal hangout area, but as it seems to Hotshot, who was clueless to the party, the two adults were coming with, just behind him. It was dark when the trio walked, making Hotshot confused, but soon enough, he discovered why.

"Surprise!" yelled everyone in the room, causing Hotshot to jump, before looking confused. A few of his friend from cyberton were even there.

"What?" Hotshot questioned.

"As the Humans say it, happy birthday, Hotshot!" Medix said, causing a smile and a light blush touch his face. Everyone said Happy birthday to the young bot, causing him overwhelming joy, that actually caused him to cry tears of joy. Everyone excluding Firefrost, Scorch, Optimus, Bee, and Ratchet, began to panic, and those who were not panicking were smiling sadly, knowing he was overwhelmed with joy due to lack of comfort and such happiness growing up. They themselves knew about the difference due to either knowing Hotshot well enough or that they experienced that when the war finally ended and peace was finally upon them, so they could tell the difference that Hotshot was very, very happy.

"Thank you, all of you! I don't even remember the last time I celebrated my birthday, I'm just very happy," the young mech hiccupped, causing everyone to relax and hug him. Eventually, they all began to party, having a lot of fun. Hotshot, though overwhelmed with both the attention and the emotions of the party, stayed and even got a few nick-nacks from people, some being more useful than others, but he took them anyways. Soon enough, the people began to disperse, though, without knowing they were just hiding away, because they knew that Heatwave's present was a little more personal, so they gave them space, though still listening in and totally not recording, which they totally were. Eventually, it was just Hotshot and Heatwave left in the room, as everyone else was hiding somewhere where they could listen in, which some could watch.