Chapter 15

"Ww..w..what?" I stuttered. Things were blurring until I felt a tight grip on my arms.

"Hotshot, get it together. I know that is not the best thing to talk about, but you do need to know the full truth," Ultrastrike commented as I got myself together. I sighed, but if this was the conversation I needed to sit. Ultrastrike followed my suit in sitting down.

"There's more to the story?" I asked quietly, as just what I know of what happened, I don't think I could take more.

"Yes. But compared to what you already know, there is not much more to the story than what you know," she said as I look down. "Hotshot, even if it's hard, I'm only telling you what I know of what happened on that night and what happened after they ran."

"How would you have known about it?" I breathed unsteadily. Ultrastrike held my hand.

"Hotshot, Firefrost knows every orphan and how they became one. Firefrost arrived a couple of seconds before the police," she told me as I looked at her shocked. Firefrost knew of me before I first met her? "I know that look. She doesn't know every child, but she is an angel, she can sense a loss of life and when one who is young is becoming an orphan."

"But if that is the case, then why didn't Firefrost help me?" I asked, steadily gaining my voice again as anger bubbled up in me. Why didn't she help me?

"You don't think she did? After the ones who killed your parents ran, Firefrost followed them and arrested them under the elite guard to ensure they did not hurt anyone else. She left Energon out for you and anyone else living on the streets, she always watched from the distance to make sure the orphans don't get bullied by others. Do you still think that Firefrost didn't look out for you?" Ultrastrike asked. I looked down at my servos. Was Firefrost really there for me? The ties do add up with what I experienced. "Firefrost did sense something terribly wrong was happening. The three that killed your parents were the most feared criminals. Though your file, says they were never caught, however, the elite guard records do not coincide with police and social files. Because of that, the police never knew they were arrested."

"So, then why did they go after me?" I asked.

"Because they most likely saw something in you. I know they were going to take you captive, why I don't know. I do know that because it was you and that Firefrost knew that area so well that they were taken in," Ultrastrike informed me as I looked at the wall. "Hotshot, the threat on your life, what happened to you in the past, you are stronger than what you realize it. Firefrost sees it, I see it, everyone here sees it."

"Thank you. I need to go, there is something I need to do," I said, getting up and leaving without allowing Ultrastrike to say anything back to me. I need to get my head around things.

Heatwave's POV

I was walking outside thinking of recent events. Everything that has happened recently is so overwhelming, I can't even imagine how the recruits are taking it, let alone Hotshot. Why didn't I notice that Hotshot was an orphan? Who was after him? What kind of grudge do they hold against him? I was increasingly worried about him; he seemed to get worse, and I know I'm part of the problem. I have not talked to anyone since Hotshot's breakdown, I was too ashamed of what happened. My thoughts were running wild until I heard footsteps running out until they stopped. I turned to where I heard the footsteps and I saw Hotshot, who was climbing the ladder that went to the roof of the building. He clearly seemed troubled, so I'm just going to leave him be.

"It's hard to believe how little we knew about him, isn't it?" a voice asked. I jumped a little as I turned to see Blades. I sighed and nodded. "When I first met him, I thought something wasn't right. Medix always said he was hard to treat, but when I first took care of him because of medical reasons, he was scared and very silent. I was shocked because Medix said he would not stop talking and just bug him to hurry up."

"Really?" I asked. I looked towards the roof where Hotshot disappeared to. "Do you really still agree with your original statement that he doesn't hate me?"

"I do. I just believe that he feels anxious and nervous around you. I do believe he wanted your approval. But since coming here, despite the trauma that came up, he's finally stopped seeking others' approval and began to heal himself, love himself," Blades said. I have never thought of that, but even still, I'm still not guaranteeing that he doesn't hate me, he most likely will. I still feel bad for what I have done to him, he might not be in this situation with his life being threatened. "Stop thinking. It's clearly not helping you."

"How?" I asked before Blades laughed at me. I looked at him dumbfounded as he continued to crack up with laughter.

"Heatwave, Heatwave, Heatwave. I have been your teammate long enough to tell the subtle differences in your face," Blades laughed as I looked at him annoyed. I sighed and walked away from the laughing bot, heading to my room. All I ever wanted was Hotshot to be better than me, but I didn't realize how strong he really was. I felt bad, I didn't know what he went through and I treated him not the greatest because of the way he acted. I got to my room as I sat on the berth as I held my legs towards my chassie. Soon enough, there was a knock on my door. I opened it to see Hotshot, which shocked me.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked. I nodded my head as I let him into the room.