Chapter 20

Hotshot's POV

The moment Firefrost told the Orphans to come into this room, all of us knew something was up. I did not see Ultrastrike today, but I am guessing they are safe. I chose to be near Heatwave due to my senses that something terrible were going crazy. When the alarms went off, I got even more nervous, due to the loud sound and the fact that the alarm only goes of when something bad is going to happen to the orphanage. Soon enough, a screen with Ultrastrike's face came up as all of us turned to the sceen.

"Front gates are at risk. Firefrost is holding them off, but the chances of them breaching is imminent. Come out and prepare for battle," the young bot stated before the screen disappeared. I was confused, but the orphans, Bee, Optimus, and Ratchet ran out the room. Even though I did not want to fight, I knew that I should not hide. I got out of Heatwave's arms, following the others out the door and into the outside. Walls were coming out of the gound in the court yard, all of which had different types of weapons on them. I grabbed a sword and a gun that apparently stuns people. I worked my way to the back of the groups who were ready to fight. The other recruits from Earth joined me in the back.

"Let's hope what we learned about fighting would be enough," Whirl stated nervously. I sighed, shaking my head.

"What you guys learned there will not be enough, not against the decepticons. Let's just hope they don't go for the kill," I stated, looking foward while ignoring them again. At this point, we were only waiting for when the gates broke down. About 3 minutes after everyone got outside and fell into a sort of formation, the front gates broke down, Firefrost got knocked back into the area. Time for me froze as I saw three bot, the three from the night I became an orphan. All I could hear is muffled sounds as everyone around me moved to defend the orphanage. I stood in the same spot as the three noticed me, smirking, before walking in my direction as I began to walk backwards. I could barely hear my own spark, which I knew was racing in fear. Not even two seconds later, they got knocked down as I suddenly became aware of my surroundings again as I joined the fight, getting as far away from the three as possible. The ones defending the place, specifically the older orphans, all ended up aiding keeping me protected while still allowing me to fight. I was confused to why. "Shouldn't we spread out and take out as many of them as possible?"

"Probably, but we need to protect you Hotshot, they are here for you. They want you, so even though you can handle yourself, we need to protect you just as much as we need to defend this place," one of them said to me, loud enough I can hear, but low enough that not everyone knew. I sighed knowing that it was the only option. I fought as I watched the battle that surrounded us. I needed to end this.

Third POV

Everyone was fighting to get the ones who were invading out, but many of them were too overpowering for the kids. Since Firefrost, Bee, and Optimus were the ones fighting the ones leading the attack, the biggest threat, the kids were just knocked unconscious rather than killed. Everyone but the three leaders of the attack, the recruits from the earth and the professors knew that the decepticons did not want to fight, they enjoyed the kids. The orphans, even those who were unconscious, understood why this was happening and did not blame any of them. The professors were fighting with some struggle, many not used to fighting Decepticons, and since the best adult fighters were dealing with the leaders, there wasn't much choice for them. They were fighting to their best ability, though it was evident that the Decepticons were not fighting at their full force. The orphans were doing better than the adults, outside most of the recruits. Wedge and Hotshot were the only ones from the academy that were doing quite well. However, comparatively, Wedge was fighting a lot less Decepticons than Hotshot was. Heatwave noticed this and when he defeated the con he was fighting he went over to Hotshot and aided him. Most Decepticons began to fight the two, causing them to become singled out.