Chapter 14

Hotshot's POV

I was chilling out on the roof. After I woke up from the blackout, I was so confused. I didn't know how to explain what happened to others. They were concerned, but not even I know the answer to it. Firefrost has been gone all day so far, but it is only 3 in the afternoon. I wanted some time alone with my thoughts, but somehow, they kept going back to Firefrost. Whoever was in the dream when I blacked out wanted me to talk to her. Also, I wonder where she went last night. I was so lost in thought that when the gates opened, I jumped. I saw Firefrost entering, who also seemed to be lost in thought and seemed to be muttering herself. I decided to go talk to her a little bit. She entered her office and I watched the door for a little bit before going down to go see her. I walked over and knocked on the door. I heard her say to come in, '' which I entered. She seemed irritated, and I didn't know why.

"Is now a bad time to talk?" I asked quietly, in fear that she would hurt me. She sighed, shaking her head, only to smile at me.

"No, I'm glad you came in, but I have two arguing gods in my head and you give me the best excuse to ignore them. What is it that you want to talk about, Hotshot?" she asked, sitting on the floor. I walked up to her and hugged her. I guess I just needed one first, subconsciously. Somehow, I could hear two voices arguing now as well, but I think I'll mention that and being an angel later on.

"I dunno, I'm just anxious, that's all. Did you get any more leads on the person after me?" I questioned her as I pulled away from her. She sighed, shaking her head.

"Somewhat yes. I can tell you, they are getting more and more at risk as well as desperate to have you. They left another message last night, using the energon of a cybertronian. But, I am getting closer as to who it is," she sighed, leaning back onto her desk. She seemed tired. We sat in silence as we just looked at each other. "So what did you do today?"

"Well, after I woke up, I played cube with my friends, and we had a small competition with each other. My team won, though I blacked out shortly afterward, most likely for having low energon and not having a lot of sleep," I told her, sitting in front of her. She nodded before looking up to the ceiling. "I'm guessing you didn't get much sleep?"

"Nope. I have not slept in over 48 hours," she mentioned before standing up and sitting on her chair. "Been trying to figure out what's up with those trying to find you, taking care of everyone, and somewhat doing my job despite everyone telling me to take a break. Don't worry I'll get some rest soon enough. Shouldn't you be with everyone else, you shouldn't worry about these things, I'll take care of it."

"Okay, I understand," I commented before waving to her and leaving her office. I did see Heatwave by the front gates. I was not ready to face him, I'm not sure if I'll ever be. Though it was nice that I had a place at the rescue academy. It was the first place I felt safe for a long time. I decided to watch him a little while longer before heading to Ultrastrike's room. On the way, I was thinking of how I can help Firefrost. I might go around the Decepticon territory, but I will need a disguise. When I entered, Ultrastrike and a few others who live here were helping another orphan who was crying. "What happened?"

"I don't know if Firefrost told you yet, but last night, another message appeared demanding you, Hotshot," Wavelink informed me as I walked over and started to rub the one who was crying back.

"I do, Firefrost told me not too long ago. Whoever sent the message using some Energon from a Cybertronian," I stated looking at Wavelink, who then nodded from my response.

"Something Firefrost might not have told you, was that the Cybertronian, in which they used the energon from, was there, and whoever it was, was newly killed. This fella was the first to see and was the one to inform everyone," they further explained to me. I looked down at my lap as I began to understand that it just got even more serious. "Hotshot, look at me. It's not your fault and Firefrost will keep you safe. No matter what it takes. Okay?"

"Okay," I muttered. I could sense Wavestike looking sadly at me, alongside everyone else.

"Hotshot, can you come with me? I want to tell you something," Utrastrike directly stated to me. I nodded and walked out. I heard Ultrastrike say that the rest can stay in before heading out and leading me into my room. 

"What is it that you need, Ultrastrike?" I asked her, feeling mild worry about what they wanted to tell me and I can sense it coming off of Ultrastrike.

"I know you recently remembered what happened on the night you become an orphan, but I want to fill in the rest of the gaps, you might not remember or know of," she told me as my body froze and my mind began to shut down.