Chapter 12: Vacation

Belle's POV:

I open my eyes in a bright room. Where am I? I close and open them again. My throat burns, like I've been thirsty my whole life. Unfortunately my throat isn't the only thing that burns. My hands, my face and my inner parts burns too.

I am in an empty hospital room. I survived again, great.

"You are awake. Finally." A voice says. Dante. He stares at me as he enters the room holding a coffee for himself.

I can't speak or move my hands or do anything. I am out of energy. Dante presses a button, I assume he is calling for a doctor or a nurse.

I was right. A middle aged man enters with two young girls by his sides.

He checks me up and gives me some water. I can't bring myself to speak. I can't even focus on what he is saying.
I can only think about the fact that I am alive. Now what? What was I suppose to do? Go back home and pretend to be happy?

"Belle don't overthink it. Can you hear me?" Dante says. I look around and notice that is only me and him. The others are gone. I nod.

"Everything is going to be ok. You are going to be alright." He says but I shake my head as I shed a tear. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

I wake up. Dante is on his phone speaking with someone. His back is facing me. I feel tried too tired to speak or do anything.

"D..." I tried but failed miserably.
Dante turns toward me. He says something to the person he was speaking to and end his call.

"Shhh. Here drink this." He says and gives me a glass of water.

"What happened to me?" I whisper.

"Belle I am sorry but your hands are burnt same as your face. And some of your body parts that were in touch with those tires. Third degree burns.
As your inner parts, they tried there best but you still should feel some burns here and there." He explains.

I feel nauseous thinking about being burned. I don't feel good.

"Why did you save me? Don't you get it death is better than this life. They don't want me alive, my own fucking family wants me dead." I say as my vision gets blurry. It hurts. Everything hurts. Being alive hurts, even more than other days.

"Why does it matter? Family isn't necessarily blood or last names. It means people who will support you and love you no matter what. They will do whatever they can to make you smile. They will accept you just as they way you are." He says.

"Right and I have that. Look closely who do I have to call family? See I am alone and stuck with those I am unfortunately related to by blood or last name or whatever." I say.

"You can find one." He says. I am crying. Dante holds my hand. My bandaged hand.

"I can't go back." I say and shake my head.

"Not after what she did to me. Not with the fact that she is in my house." I say.

"Then don't go. Don't go back till you feel like you are ready." He says. I nod.

"You know that your aunt should pay for this?" He asks.

"No I don't know. My father won't do anything and if I do he will kill me." I say.