I DIDN'T SEE DRACO IN THE HOTEL ROOM WHEN I WOKE UP. I sat up straight in my bed and saw that his phone wasn't in the room. I'd told him that he had to carry it with him at all times. I checked my phone and there was a call from an unknown number. I inhaled sharply, making the inside of my nose cold. Could it have been my parents? I called the office where they worked but some assistant told me that they were taking the week off. I'd told him to give them my number and I asked for their address. I quickly called the number.

"Sydney Police Department, 47th Precinct. How may I help you?" I inhaled sharply at the sound of the woman on the other side of the phone. Why would the police department call me? More importantly why would a muggle police department call me?

"Hi, um, I received a phone call from this number," I said nervously.

"Yeah, give me one minute, mate. What's your name?" the woman asked.

"Hermione Granger," I replied.

"Which one of you called a Hermione Granger?" she barked. I didn't think she realized that I could hear her. "Okay," she said, turning back to me "Yeah, so do you know a Draco Malfoy?"

"Yes! What happened?" I asked, my voice filled with panic. What the hell was Draco doing in a muggle prison at seven forty in the morning?

"He was arrested for petty assault," she explained "You were his one phone call. I guess he needs you to post his bail. Typical, men always call their girlfriend to-"

I hung up the phone without saying anything more. I quickly got ready and headed to the Sydney Police Department. What did Draco do to get himself arrested? I called a taxi and arrived at the Police station in half an hour. I met with the desk sergeant at the entrance.

"I'm here to post the bail for Draco Malfoy," I said and I smiled nervously. I had never been to a police station before. I didn't know how I was supposed to act.

"Follow Bernice and she'll get you started," the officer said pointing at a tall, dark-skinned officer who was, I guessed, Bernice. I followed her and posted Malfoy's bail.

"Why was he arrested?" I asked.

"Let me see," she said opening a file "He was arrested for petty assault."

"Yes, I'm aware of that but what happened?" I asked impatiently.

"Witnesses say that he got into a fight with a man in Hotel Steller because he spoke ill about some British girl in room 403, and that's all I'm allowed to tell you ma'am," she said. Draco was arrested because he was protecting me. I didn't know what to feel about that. She opened the holding cells and gave Draco his phone and wallet. We both walked out of the police station.

"I'm so sorry, Hermione, I didn't-" Draco said as soon as we left the building.

"It's okay, I'm not angry with you," I said, cutting him off "But what exactly did he say to.. you know... smack him in the face."

"Let's just say that if I had said that in front of anyone, they would have the same reaction regardless of the fact that they may or may not know me."

"Well, thank you!"

"For what?" he scoffed "Getting arrested?"

"No, for trying to protect me," I said laughing "Although, you don't have to or need to."

"All right, but not a word of this to anyone," he snarled "Especially Weasel-Bat!"

"Oh, I absolutely have to tell Ginny," I teased "And Luna."

"No, not Weasel-Bat or Loony!"

"Fine," I said "How about this, I won't tell Ginny or Luna, but I'll tell Blaise."