I OPENED MY TRUNK TO SEE THE HANDFUL OF CLOTHES I HAD. I had a few jeans, a few shirts, the red dress that I wore to Bill and Fleur's wedding, and a couple of dresses that were small for me now. In hind sight I should have packed better clothes but how was I supposed to know that my parents were going to sell the house. I finally picked out a strapless navy blue dress with a silver belt that was just half and inch below mid-thigh. I let my hair down and used Sleekeazy's Hair Potion to tame my bushy brown hair to the best of my abilities. I was looking through my stuff when someone walked in. I turned around to see Ginny wearing a beautiful purple halter dress.

"Wow, Hermione," she said staring at me "I-"

"Don't," I warned "I know the dress is short, but it's either this or a dress that makes me look like I crawled out from a grave." The red dress I loved so much had a few dirt patches and it had gotten ripped.

"I was going to say I didn't know you owned such clothes," she said "You look beautiful,"

"Thanks," I said "But look who's talking. You look so much better than I do!"

"That I do," she said and we both laughed "I know the perfect pair of shoes that will go well with that dress!" she went over to her trunk and pulled out a pair of silver heels and handed them to me.

"No," I groaned.

"Yes!" she squealed "They would look good on you! Luna gave them to me for my birthday and I don't have any thing to wear it with, so you should wear them."

"Come on Ginny, can you see the size of the heels? That's at least four inches!" I knew me complaining wasn't going to convince her. Actually, me complaining will make her more adamant. After about twenty more minutes of me complaining and whining I got the shoes on. I had a hard time balancing but eventually I got the hang of it. We headed down to the common room and Harry and Ron were waiting for us.

"Wow, Hermione," said Harry when he saw us "I didn't know you owned such clothes." I groaned.

"That's the same thing Ginny said," I said "Now, can we please go?"

"You know, Ginny tells me you've gotten quite close to the ferret," Ron said as we left through the portrait hole "How did that happen?"

"I don't know," I said "I just got to know him a little bit and he's not so bad."

"Well, I'll try to get along with Malfoy, for your sake. I just want to see how you can become friends with him," Harry said. I didn't say anything after. We took the shortcut to Honeyduke's cellar and apparated to the Leaky Cauldron. I had no idea Pansy invited so many people.

"Hermione, Ginny, you're here!" Pansy shrieked, spotting us in the crowded room. Harry and Ron went to go get some firewhiskey while we talked to Pansy.

"Hi," said Ginny "Great party!"

"Oh, thanks!" Pansy said "Love your dress, by the way!"

"Thanks," Ginny said "I love yours too!"

"Thanks you," said Pansy doing a mock curtesy. She did look beautiful in her dark green dress with a high-low hem.

"And Hermione, no offence, but I really didn't think you would have such a short dress, you know based on the person you are," Pansy said "You look really beautiful in it, though!"

I groaned and then said "Thank you, but can you please stop talking about the dress! I normally wouldn't wear this but I had no choice. It was either this or show up in my Hogwarts robes."

"Doesn't matter," she said "Let's get you both drunk!" She handed me and Ginny a glass of gillywater. I set the glass down.

"You don't like gillywater?" Pansy asked.