"So , what are your plans for Christmas?" I asked. Christmas holidays were about a week away.

"Harry said that the renovations for the Potter cottage at Godric's Hollow was done, so we're going to spend the holidays there," Ginny said.

"That's so amazing!" Luna, Pansy, and I gushed.

"What about you guys?" Ginny asked.

"I have to help my father with the Quibbler," Luna explained.

"Speaking of fathers, I have to help my mom with wedding preparations for husband number seven," Blaise said, rolling his eyes "It's going to be in the bitter cold of the frosty Alps. As if winter here wasn't cold enough."

"Oh right! Sorry I can't come," Pansy whined "I'm going to visit my cousins in London. Boring. What about you Hermione?"

"I'm staying here," I said "And preparing for my N.E.W.Ts."

"You do realize those are months away?" Draco said.

"I know, but I didn't really have time to study with the potions project," I said 

"So, none of you are here for Christmas?" Draco asked and everyone shook their heads "So I'm stuck with little-miss-know-it-all!"

"I'm right here you know," I said, poking him with my wand.

"I know, why do you think I said it," Draco said smirking. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. This would be a 'fun' Christmas holiday.

**********

{A day before Christmas holidays}

"What's this?" Pansy asked as I handed her Luna and Ginny a small box wrapped in blue wrapping paper.

"Open it!" I said. All three of them opened it and there was a small container inside with black paint inside.

"It's nail polish," I explained after seeing all of their confused faces "Apparently, it a huge thing in the muggle world. It's just paint for your nails. I bewitched it to change the colour whenever you want."

Pansy opened her nail paint and put it a fresh layer on her nail. She thought of a colour and it changed to purple.

"This is wicked," Pansy said, mesmerized by her nails. Ginny and Luna loved it too.

"I still don't get the point of it but I'm glad you liked it," I said. Suddenly, the world went black. Someone was covering my eyes. I jerked my elbow backwards and turned around to see Ron wincing in pain, and Harry was laughing.

"Ow, that hurt!" he exclaimed.

"I'm sorry," I said "What are you doing here?"

"We wanted to surprise you," said Ron "I did not expect this as a thank you."

"You should know that I hate surprises," I said crossing my arms "But now that both of you are here. I need to give you your gifts!" I grabbed both of their hands an dragged them to the Gryffindor common room. 

"Here," I said handing Ron a letter. He quickly opened it and just stared at it confused. I should have known.

"What is this?" he asked. I should have known he wasn't going to read all twelve pages of it.

"Zonko's is going out of business and the owner sold the building. I thought you and George could open a new store there," I said "It's not really a gift for just you, it's for George too."

"You bought a building?" Ron asked and I nodded "Thank you!"

I gave him a grateful smile. I turned to Harry and said "I couldn't wrap your present so I just covered it with a piece of cloth."