THE PLANE LANDED IN SYDNEY AT ABOUT TEN IN THE NIGHT. We headed out of the airport and I tried calling a taxi. A yellow car pulled over and we got in.

"Take us to the nearest hotel please," I said and the cabbie nodded.

"Why are we going to a hotel?" Draco asked.

"Where do you want to spend the night?" I retorted.

"I don't know, your parents' place," he said sarcastically.

"I don't know where they live," Draco scoffed at that "I'm sorry," I continued "I was going to spend the tomorrow looking for them and the next day trying to bring them back." I got a return tickets for the both of us but the earliest flight was four days from today.

The cabbie dropped us at the hotel. I told Malfoy to wait in the lobby while I got both of us a room. He wasn't very happy about that but he decided not to argue. I wasn't an expert in navigating the muggle world but I was better than Draco at least.

"Welcome to Hotel Steller," the receptionist greeted in her native Australian accent "How may I help you?"

"Um... Hi, can I have two rooms?" I said. This was my first time getting a hotel room so I didn't really know what to do. I stood there awkwardly while she typed something on the computer.

"Sorry miss, but we only got one room vacant," she apologized "Although you and your boyfriend might like to share a room."

"He's not my boyfriend," I said "But I guess we have to share a room now. Does it have separate beds?"

"Yes, it does. How many days are you staying for?"

"Three."

"All right, here's your key card and here's his. You are in room 403. Have a nice stay!" She smiled warmly and handed me two cards. I thanked her and I left. Does she get paid to be this nice or was that a choice? I shook the thought from my head and handed Draco his key card.

"So we're sharing a room?" he asked as we were heading up to the fourth floor.

"Yes, we got that last vacant room," I explained "Is that a problem?"

"No, no problem at all," he said. I opened the door and turned on the lights. The room was slightly smaller than the dorms at Hogwarts. I took the bed closest to the door and I went to bed immediately. Tomorrow I find a way to bring my parents home. And the day after that I actually do it.

**********

Memory retrieval is a lot harder than I thought it would be. If I do it right it can from four hours to four years depending on how deep the changed memories go. It might be done quicker if the same wand that took the memories away is used.

"You know you should spend some time outside, in the sun," Draco's voice broke my thoughts.

"And do what? Photosynthesis?" I said, not looking up from the book.

"Why are you studying?" Draco groaned "You're on holiday!"

"No, you are here on holiday," I scoffed "I have things to do."

"One day."

"What?"

"One day," he repeated, as if that was supposed to clear my confusion "Just one day. No books, no studying, and I will never complain about you studying."

"Okay, one day, tomorrow," I said. I don't know why I agreed. One day wouldn't hurt.

**********

"Oh this is gorgeous!" I marveled at the dress Draco got for me. It was a floor length baby pink gown with silver embroidery. "Why did you get it?"

"It was supposed to be your Christmas present, but then I found out about your parents, so the plane tickets were the best option but Sylvia had already sent the design so I couldn't cancel it and here we are," he explained.