I CRUMPLED THE PARCHMENT IN MY HAND AND TOSSED IT AT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORAGE ROOM, NARROWLY MISSING MALFOY WHO WAS SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

"You know that could have hit me right?" he said looking up from the book on Doxies.

"I wasn't aiming for you," I said, letting out a frustrated sigh as I cleaned up the purple ash that my cauldron threw up "It's been six weeks and no matter how many times I try I can't get this right! Unless Doxycide is just a bunch of purple ash!"

"It is not a bunch of purple ash," Malfoy said "You just need a break."

"As fun as that sounds, I can't," I said "I need to figure out why this isn't working!"

"You can multitask," he said "How about we get to know each other a little better?"

"You want to get to know me?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Why is that so hard to believe?" he asked "You're not that much of an insufferable know-it-all as I thought."

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?" I scoffed.

"No," he said "Who knows you better, Potter or Weasley?"

"I don't know. I guess Ron?" I said.

"Your turn." 

"What?"

"Your turn," he repeated "Ask a question. And please, don't make it a lame question like favorite color or favorite class."

"Okay, what are your plans for after Hogwarts?" I asked "Surely you're not planning on staying here forever."

"I don't know. I probably won't have to work, if I'm lucky, or I might just end up in my fathers old department," he replied "You?"

"The department of magical creatures," I said "I can also see myself as minister of magic one day. I'd also get married and have kids."

"Look who's got her whole life planned out," Malfoy said, rolling his eyes.

"What about you?" I asked "Do you want to get married and have kids?"

"Marriage, maybe. Kids, no," he said.

"Why not?"

"I'm afraid I won't be a good father to them," he explained "I'm evil because of my father and he's evil because of his father and it just goes on and on. And, no matter how hard I try I'll just become like them, and my son or daughter will be evil."

"You're not evil, Malfoy," I said, placing my hand on top of his "You're just broken." He slightly nodded and there was a long silence.

"My turn," he said breaking the silence "Did you ever have a crush on Potter?"

"No, never, I love Harry, but as a friend," I replied "Why you jealous?"

"I don't get jealous, Granger," he said "But seriously, not even a little bit?"

"No."

"The thought never even crossed your mind?"

"No, not even once. Harry and I are friends, best friends." I said "What about you? Have you ever shagged anyone in your friend group?"

"No," he replied, shaking his head.

"Dated?" I pressed further.

"No," he said, smirking "I was going to ask you the same thing, but I already know the answer." I narrowed my eyes at him. "Speaking of sleeping with someone, how's Weasel-bee?"

"Weasel-bee? Really?" I asked, crossing my arms "Are you unable to come up with a better name?"

"Just answer the question."