Chapter 12

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I met up at a bar with the old gang. Just to check in with them. "Yeah, the antidote worked wonders, I'm defiantly sticking to booze here on out, though, and I'm sorry...but where did that rock come from?" Crusher exclaims, pointing at the ring. I'm a bit surprised, almost forgetting about it. "That's my business." I reply blatantly. "Oh come on, tell me! Was it romantic? How long you been dating?" Crusher lists off a number of questions before Peppy bluntly asks, "Who's the person?" For some reason I just feel angry. "It's not your business. I came to see that you two were alright, and you are, so I should get-"

"Ah, come on, (Y/n)! We're all friends here." Skull insists. "No, we're not. We're just a small group of people who has nothing better to do then do petty crime together." I start to stand, but then realize something. These are the only people who tolerated and let me stick around for years. I know one thing for sure, and that's I don't want to be alone anymore. I thought more people meant more disappointment, but it really means that there are more people to care for me too. More of a chance to not be alone. Maybe I didn't consider them friends, but maybe I can, so I bite my lip, and sit back down.

"I'm sorry I snapped. You don't deserve that. I've felt so alone for so long, and you guys may be the closest thing I have to friends." Nobody says anything until Crusher asks, "Can I be maid of honor?" I laugh a little, shaking my head in amusement. "I seriously do I have to leave, but I'll see you soon, and at the wedding maybe? Bye guys." I stand up again, but I turn to them one more time. "His name is Eggsy."

I leave the bar, standing on the curb as it rains. "(Y/n), wait!" I turn back to see Peppy. "I think a proper thanks is in order. I don't know what weird shit you're involved in, and I doubt I wanna know, but if there's anything I can do-" I cut him off by holding my hand up. I smirk and say, "How do you feel about a little reconstruction?"

~~~~~

"So there was just an unexplained explosion at the tailor shop you worked at? No one knows what from?" I nod from beside him, both of us under my umbrella. "Yup. Besides me and Eggsy, we have one other coworker. We're trying to rebuild. I'd appreciate any help you can offer on that front. Any people you may know, any tips you can give, just anything." He looks over at the rubble. I can tell he doesn't believe one bit of the story I shat out. He's too smart and perceptive. Who knows, Kingsman needs agents, and each one of them have skill. "Right. I'll do what I can."

"Sorry I'm late, Harry and I were discussing- who's this?" Eggsy asks as he comes up to us. "Um, Eggsy, Peppy, Peppy, Eggsy." I awkwardly introduce. "He's...an old mate of mine." Eggsys face twists into realization. He knows about my crime life, and that I hung around a few people, but I never used names. I guess he out two and two together. "Right, nice to meet you. Could you give us a moment?"

"I was just leaving. You be good to her." Peppy takes his leave as ominously as he can. I roll my eyes at him. "I promise, I didn't tell him anything. He agreed to help rebuild to tailor shop."

"Good. I don't particularly like that thought of being in a body bag."

"Not like there's anybody to put you in that body bag." Oops, I soured the mood. Both of us are frowning. "We're going to rebuild." He says after a moment of silence. "Right, I know. It's just...hard. I....sometimes I wonder why we lived. Just the right place at the right time? I don't understand." I lower my head dejectedly. Eggsy lifts me chin to face him. "We lived to save the world, to find Harry, to live our lives together. Maybe it was a one in a million chance, but I'm so grateful for it. I love you too much for that." I smile.

"You always know just what to say. I love you, too. More then anything on this planet." I press my lips to his quickly before asking, "So what were you discussing with Harry?"

"Plans for reconstruction."