Chapter 2

(Y/n) P.O.V.

"Babe. I'm home! I'm here." Eggsy shouts into the house. I was finishing getting ready in our room, so I walk out to the door to see Eggsy covered in shit. "I fucking called it. What the hell happened?" I ask laughing. "It's a long story that deserves a kiss." I scoff, and back up. "Not even JB would kiss you right now." I tell him. "Come on, but you look so beautiful right now. If you really love me, just one little kiss." He insists. I look him over, covered in god knows what, and sigh. I go to kiss him begrudgingly, but he backs away with a gasp. "You were really gonna do it?" He asks, surprised. "No shit Sherlock." I joke. "Now, that is true love right there. Amazing. I'm gonna go get changed." He says with a smile. He goes to our room. "I told you I wouldn't be late." He calls back. There's a knock at the door. "That must be Brandon, babe!" I call to him. I open it, and sure enough, it is. "Hey Brandon. Thanks for agreeing to dog sit Toby and JB tonight." "No problem." Eggsy comes out, cleaned up, in a nice suit. "Damn Eggsy, orange?" I laugh. He shrugs. "I think it looks good." I peck his lips. "Bye Brandon." We make our leave for our anniversary dinner.

~~~~~

We sit across the table from each other in the mood lit restaurant. Our waiter gives us our food and leaves again. I look down at the utensils, remembering Harry. "Eggsy?" "Yeah, luv?" I look at him, and see he's doing the same. "Do you remember what Harry taught us?" I ask quietly. "Never let anyone describe you as H.K.L.P." He says with a trace of a smile.

~~Back flash~~

"This is a butter knife. It's the only one you need to remember, the rest of the cutlery is easy. You start from the outside, and you work your way in with each course. And never let anyone describe you as H.K.L.P." Harry instructs, Eggsy and I sitting on each side of him at the table. "What's that?" Eggsy asks. "Holds knife like pen." I answer. I get a surprised look from Eggsy. "My father was big on table manners." I answer. Harry nods with approval. "A habit erroneously believed to be upper class dining etiquette. It is quite the opposite. White wine, pudding wine, red wine, water and pop. Or whatever tipple takes your fancy." "Am I supposed to wait for everyone else to be served before I start eating?" Eggsy asks, a small but adorable smirk on his face. "Only if the dish being served is cold. Or if the Queen is present. Otherwise tuck in."

~~End~~

"I miss him...but I think he'd be proud." Eggsy says. I simply nod. "Are you alright, luv?" I look up. He looks concerned, so I smile. "I'm fine." Truth be told, I'd never really forgiven myself for how cold I was towards him when we left. And now I'll never get a chance to make it up to him. We both have our work glasses on, so I'm not to surprised to see Merlin send us a briefing through the software.

"So... the man who attacked Galahad in the taxi was Charlie Hesketh. Rejected Kingsman applicant turned bad. We last saw him back at Richmond Valentine's HQ." A clip shows of me electrocuting him. "Like everyone else there... Charlie had a security implant in his neck. A weakness we had no choice but to exploit." "Hey, Merlin. Still fucking spectacular, eh? Come on, guys, loosen up. We saved the world." Eggsy says. I give him a pointed look from across the table. "Yeah. Unfortunately, Lionheart, you also saved Charlie. When you electrocuted him, you damaged his implant. Instead of his head exploding... he only lost an arm and his vocal chords." I groan. "Of course. Fucker should be thanking me. And now he's back for revenge?" I ask. "We don't think so. We believe he's being recruited by an unknown organization. Lancelot? Got the police autopsy reports from Charlie's colleagues in the SUVs?" Merlin asks Roxy. "They're not just goons for hire. Fingerprints removed. Teeth filed smooth. I did a face recognition. Nothing. And that thing? A cosmetic tattoo made of 24-carat gold. They all had them. Seems like we're looking at some kind of underworld organization." "Dismissed for now." Merlin says, then the feed cuts off.

"So that's what happened tonight?" I ask Eggsy. "Uh, well, I-" I chuckle and shake my head. "I knew you'd get into trouble." "You're not any better. You can be very reckless." He says lovingly. Towards the end of the meal, he seems fidgety and anxious. I notice him dart his eyes around. "Eggsy, I know you're not contacting Roxy for advice again." I scold. He gives me a sheepish smile. "It's deserved, I swear, I-" Before he can finish a new feed comes in. "Eggsy? Is that you, mate? What the fuck is going on here? You a gangster now or something? Fuckin' hell. Tell you what. Whatever you're doing, I want in." I see that Brandon grabbed and opened one of the grenades. "Put it down!" "Why?" "I said, put it down now!" "Brandon, fucking do it!" I input. "What's wrong with it?" "Shut it! Fucking shut it!" I hear rapid beeping. "Shut it! Shut it now!" I yell. "All right, mate. Chill your boots." We sigh in relief. Until a few moments later when the scene blows up. "No!" I shout. Eggsy and I look at each other. We've created a scene. People stare at us. I drop some money of the table, grab Eggsy's arm, and we rush out.