Chapter 9

Eggsy P.O.V.

I can't believe this shit. That she's siding with him, believing his backward butterfly seeing ass, that she really thinks that us not being together is best. I can't believe I said she may be right. I stand quickly, avoiding (Y/n)'s gaze, and look at Harry. "You are unbelievable! Merlin, can you hear me?"

"Yes, Eggsy."

"Whiskey's down. He's been shot."

"What happened?" I look back at Harry. As much as I want to, I can't throw him under the bus. "He got caught in the crossfire. I've applied the alpha gel. We'll bring him in. But first, I've gotta find a way to get back up to that lab and retrieve more antidote." I look back up towards the lab. As if my words triggered something, the lab blows up. I hear a groan of frustration beside me. (Y/n) starts speaking to Merlin now. "Merlin, change of plans. Wu Ting Feng, Singapore."

"Who?"

"Exactly. It's the only lead we've got. It's a name they gave me. So I suggest you find out who he is." She says calmly. Or as calmly as she can in our current situation. "Wu Ting Feng, he's an assistant at a law firm." Seeing as that's the most information we're going to get for now, I go back to get Whiskey. (Y/n) and I share a look. I don't even know how to read it anymore.

~~~~~

(Y/n) P.O.V.

" Good news, gentlemen. He'll be back on his feet in no time." Merlin reports to us outside the medbay. I just nod, not sure if I hate it or really really hate it. "I'm not certain that's a good idea." Harry says. "What do you mean?" Merlin asks. "I shot Agent Whiskey. Deliberately." Oh shit! "What, why?"

"He was working against us. And until we find out why, I say we trust no one." Harry says with complete certainty. "Merlin, Harry's sick. This whole thing is my fault. I thought he was ready."

"You know what? No. I'm on Harry's side here, Merlin. There's something going with at least Whiskey." Before either Merlin can ask for clarification or Eggsy can make some sort of retort, my phone rings. I look at the number. Fucking....Peppy?! I had given my number to him and only him after getting a job with Kingsman. I told him it was only for emergencies and I haven't heard from him since. "I'm sorry, I've got to take this." I walk a bit away as Merlin starts testing Harry and they talk about John Denver or something. "Hello, Peppy?"

"(Y/n)? You said emergencies. I think this qualifies." He says. His voice is more frantic then I've ever heard it. Not quite a freak out, but more like mild stress. "It's me. What's wrong? This better be good. I'm kinda busy." I mutter. "Look, I'm sure you know about this weird ass blue rash shit going on, and considering how mysterious you've gotten, I'm willing to bet you know something about it." I take a moment to respond. "What about it, Peppy?"

"Skull and Crusher, the idiots, didn't listen to me to stay off that stuff. They've got it, kid. I don't know, maybe you don't give two shits about us, I wouldn't blame you but...well if you ever repeat this, you're dead, but you kids are all really got in this world even if I am an ass to you. So please. You're a good kid, and I'm proud to have known you. You know I wouldn't call if this wasn't important." I pause for a moment, unsure of what to say. I never thought Peppy cared about anything, let alone us. "You're being really nice. Are you trying to bribe me or are you dying." I jokingly ask. "Both?"

"Right. I'll do what I can as fast as I can. I promise." Before he can respond I hang up. Even if I didn't call them friends, I refuse to let those two die. "Merlin! Have you got eyes on that location yet?" I call, rushing back over, frantic as hell. "Soon. The reconnaissance drone's about an hour away. Which gives us time to sort out..." I cut him off. "Bollocks, we haven't time for anything. I'm leaving now. With or without you."