Closer (26)

"Closer" -- Joe

Going through the motions, never knowing love

I put a call into commitment, but no one's picking up

Then along came you, everything that I need, yeah

You brought the light and you brought the truth

Now I feel redeemed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How do you like these?" She thrust a bouquet of red and white roses in front of her friend's face to gain her assessment.

Vanessa took the roses out of the blonde's hand as she started to beam at her. "Aw, you shouldn't have! However, you must know that just because you gave me roses, doesn't mean that I'm going to sleep with you. Easy I am not. You'll have to shell out a few bucks for dinner too."

Chuckling, Georgie retrieved her flowers. "You're a nut."

"So you've told me a thousand times before. She'll love them."

"You think?" Vanessa nodded, returning her attention to the television since the commercial period was now over. "I do. Now get out of here before you're late. This is your first date as a couple, so you want to make a good impression. Us ladies do not appreciate being kept waiting."

"Um, you do realize that I'm a lady too, right?"

The CNA quickly perused her best friend's body and nodded in approval. "Yeah, you qualify." Grinning, she pointed the remote toward the front door. "Leave. And make sure that you come back with plenty of details. I want to know everything that you two did. Everything."

Smiling, Georgie leaned over to kiss her cheek. "Yes, dear."

With the bouquet hidden behind her back, Georgie walked onto the pool deck where she found her date lounging near the pool with a slim book in one hand and a mechanical pencil in the other. She lightly tapped the eraser tip against her lips while giving a page of the book a thoughtful gaze as though she were attempting to solve the puzzle to some great riddle. Georgie's face glowed with happiness while she observed her.

Although they had seen each other a mere two days before for their Thursday surf lesson, she had missed Jaden more than she could put into words. The blonde sighed. Much like a fish on someone's rod, her goddess had her so hooked.

"Do you know a six letter word for 'perceives' that starts with an 's'?" Jaden inquired without looking up. "I'm working a crossword puzzle and that has me stumped."

Georgie kneeled on the concrete to greet Sasha, who had just emerged from the house with a squeaky yellow rolled up newspaper in her mouth. She dropped the toy in front of Georgie while she enjoyed having her head scratched. "How about 'senses'?" Georgie offered, having run through the short list of synonyms that she could think of for 'perceives'.

Grinning, Jaden filled in the small blocks. "You're a genius." Closing the book, she tossed it on the patio table and stood up to stretch before walking toward Georgie and Sasha and kissing both on the head.

When the bigger of the two looked up, her lips curved until a grin prominently shown. "Thank you."

"Are those mine?"

Unconsciously, the younger woman kept her eyes on a particular section of Jaden's anatomy. "Yes, they most certainly are." Following her eyes, Sasha noticed what about her Mommy had Georgie's attention. Snorting through her cool wet nose she headed inside to take a nap. Those were nothing special. She had eight of 'em.