Little Bit (19)

"Little Bit" -- Lykke Li

I would do it,

Push a button,

Pull a trigger,

Climb a mountain,

Jump off a cliff,

'Cause you know baby

I love you, love you a little bit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several minutes prior to the kidnapping of the Jaden Connelly...

"Do you guys think this is a bright idea?"

"Now you're asking? When I first presented it, you were gung ho to participate."

Dressed in black from head to toe, the smallest kidnapper in the car deeply sighed. "I know I was, but, dude, it just occurred to me that Jaden is at least 165 pounds and a good portion of that is muscle that she's worked hard to get. What if we can't take her?"

"There's three of us and only one of her," the tallest kidnapper commented while tugging on their black ski cap. "We can definitely take her." Dark eyes shifted toward the porch belonging to Kevin and Rachel Connelly. The door opening, the family walked outside. From the kidnappers distance, it seemed as if they were saying goodbye to Jaden. "Almost time." The smallest kidnapper's apprehensive expression hadn't waned. "You can do this. We've practiced a million times."

Breathing deeply, they nodded. "Right."

Within three minutes, Jaden was headed toward her Hummer. Lifting a walkie-talkie, the headlining kidnapper contacted the getaway driver. "Have your hand on the ignition. The eagle has left the nest."

"Roger that," a male voice clearly responded through the speaker.

The three figures managed to open their doors a fraction of an inch when Jaden started looking around as though she had detected something. They didn't allow themselves to even breathe as they waited to see what she would do next. Luckily, she proceeded to her car.

"Move out," kidnapper #1 said in a hushed voice. Quick feet quietly paced toward the musician. Once the Hummer beeped, signaling that it had been opened, the dark-eyed kidnapper jumped on Jaden's back while their leader tossed a bag over her head in order to block her vision. Though she put up a great struggle, they managed to carry her to their automobile and place her inside before jumping in. As kidnappers two and three had a heck of a time holding Jaden down, kidnapper #1 grabbed the walkie-talkie again. "Let's roll like a pair of dice," they instructed in a voice deeper than usual. Immediately, the car started and they were pulling away from the curb.

"A pair of dice?" Brown eyes stared at the leader while an eyebrow arched. Of course it couldn't be viewed due to the ski mask.

Visible lips grinned. "Yep. I like how that sounds."

The kidnappers looked at their captive, startled by her sudden laughter. Her body shook as the tears rolled from her eyes underneath the bag. "Something funny, Connelly?" the smallest kidnapper inquired, their fake voice sounding about as dangerous as a newborn kitten's mewl.

"I'm just so afraid of you big and so bad kidnappers." Jaden snickered. "However will I get out of this predicament? Please don't hurt me!"

All three shared a look before silently agreeing to remove the bag. Jaden blinked and then took in her surroundings, surprised to discover that she was lying in the back of a stretch limousine. She then looked at the outfits worn by her 'kidnappers' and promptly endured another laugh attack. "Zorro called. He wants his clothes back." Removing their ski masks, they threw them at her.