Tonight is the Night (9)

"Tonight is the Night" -- Betty Wright

October of 1994

Climbing off the overheated and gasping younger woman, she grabbed the nearly empty pack of Lucky Strikes from the cluttered nightstand. Sitting up in the bed so that she wouldn't risk setting them on fire, she pulled a cigarette from the pack and lit it between her lips. After deeply inhaling, she slowly expelled the smoke from her lungs and smiled down at the girl resting on her side, big blue eyes looking up at her with such adoration. That look made her want to take the girl all over again. She offered to share the cigarette, but her bedmate declined.

"I don't smoke," Jaden commented. "It's bad for you." Sliding closer to her new lover, she traced a finger along her exposed thigh.

Laughing, Lucky caught her wandering hand and brought it close to her mouth. Her dark eyes met Jaden's. "Probably not as bad as I am." The younger woman moaned when she kissed each finger, her tongue brushing against the tip of the digits. Releasing the girl's hand, Lucky took another drag from her Lucky Strike. Soon after she was rewarded with the name Lucky, she switched her brand of choice to Lucky Strikes. At the time she thought it was a neat thing to do.

"How bad are you?"

"Very bad," Lucky purred. "And you my dear are very good."

"Really? What makes me very good?"

"Not very good. Very good."

Jaden grinned, idly watching her lover's smoke slowly dance along the air until it vanished. "Very good, I mean."

Lucky flicked ashes into an ashtray that needed to be emptied. "Usually my women give me what I want by the end of the first date and on the rare occasions that they don't, it's adios. With you, it took me four dates to get you into my bed, which is amazing for two reasons. One, you held my interest that long and two," Lucky grinned, finishing, "despite my many charms, you said no to me for two weeks. I'm impressed. These two amazing reasons make you very good."

Hiding half of her face in the pillow, Jaden blushed. "My intention wasn't to tease you, Lucky."

"I know. You told me the first time I tried to get you to spend the night with me that you wanted to wait until the time was right." After a small pause she asked, "What about tonight seemed right to you?"

The reply was easy. "I couldn't resist you any longer." Jaden was rewarded with a kiss. Though her lover's lips tasted like nicotine, it was still enjoyable. Sitting up with her back against the headboard, she admitted, "I've only been with one other person. She and I were together during our senior year."

Charcoal eyes stared in surprise. "Only the one?" When Jaden nodded, Lucky slowly started to grin. "She must have been one hell of a teacher. Either that or you're just a natural. I think you're a natural." Putting what was left of her cigarette in the ashtray, Lucky caressed the young woman's bottom lip with a finger. "I like being your second." Leaning forward, she kissed that bottom lip before whispering, "Damn, I'm beginning to think I'd like to be your last."

"You would?" She hoped that Lucky wasn't capable of hearing her rapidly beating heart. She had only known the woman who was a decade older than her, a little over two weeks, but what she was feeling had to be love--or at least close to it. Especially after what had transpired tonight. Lucky had made love to her so tenderly. Had made her feel so special.