Crazy (43)

Dedicated to scudder1 for the encouragement to get this next chapter out.  The moment I read that message inquiring about an update because she is leaving soon to join her regiment, got to work putting chp. 43 together ;-)  Sorry this took so long everyone, and hope it's worth the wait.  scudder1, the very best of luck to you in your training.  Be safe and take good care, sweetie.

"Crazy" -- Aerosmith

I need your love, honey, yeah

I need your love

Crazy, crazy, crazy for you, baby

I'm losing my mind

Girl, 'cause I'm going crazy

Crazy, crazy, crazy for you, baby

You turn it on -- then you're gone

Yeah, you drive me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was bad, Ms. Evil. Very bad." Seated Indian style on their mattress, Georgie contradicted her reprimand with an ebullient grin.

"Would you expect any less from someone whose surname name is Evil?"

Georgie chuckled. "I suppose I wouldn't. You think they'll go through with it?"

Stretched out on her back, Jaden crossed her legs at the ankles. Hands linked behind her head, she gazed up toward the roof of the tent. "I think the promise of nine grand being donated to whomever they select seals the deal. The fact that it won't be an official ceremony makes it uncomplicated. Not like they have to get it annulled later on."

"Should be complicated." Her girlfriend's confused expression urged her to explain. "We should be able to have an official wedding ceremony just like a bride and her groom." Georgie's lower lip protruded in a pout. "I'm moving to the Netherlands. That country seems to be fond of gay people."

Blue eyes tracking to the younger woman's face, Jaden grinned. "I'll help you pack, Flip. Gonna nab and marry you a Dutch girl?" She giggled when the bottom of her naked foot was tickled. "Amsterdam is one sinfully fascinating city."

"You've been?"

"Mmhmm, during my European tour. It was wild."

One eyebrow arched. "Really? How wild, love?" Jaden proceeded to emphatically declare that the closest she came to participating in any wild behavior was through observing. "And what did you observe my love?" Although she sounded sweet, the musician saw right through her.

"Um, stuff. And um, not much stuff."

"Uh huh. Isn't Amsterdam famous for a place called the Red Light District?"

"Technically there are three of the RL districts. In the regions of Walletjes, de Pijp, and Singel."

That one brow further rose. "What else do you know?"

Sitting up, she leaned in for a quick smooch. "I know that I love you." Long dark lashes batted as she stroked Georgie's soft cheek.

"Smooth, Ms. Evil. Real smooth."

"I didn't do nothin', I swear."

Georgie chuckled. "I know you really haven't done nothin' in a decade."

"So, I'm out of the doghouse?"

"Never knew you were in there in the first place, but sure step on out." Turning her head, she kissed the palm near her cheek. "When were you going to tell me that you're performing on Thursday?" She hadn't discovered until the end of the karaoke competition that Jaden was on the roster of mostly well known musicians due to perform during their final night of camping.