17. THE ZOLDYCK FAMILY

The Zoldyck family was renowned as the most lethal and notorious group of assassins globally. For generations, assassination had been their business, bringing them immense renown and wealth. Each family member was a professional assassin for hire, except for Alluka, who was confined and forced to stop her training due to her extraordinary ability. Despite being branded as wanted criminals, the Zoldycks operate with impunity, evading any meaningful repercussions from global authorities. Their power enables them to fend off any threats to their operations with ease.

Although Zeno, Silva, and Illumi collectively surpassed the kill count of the infamous Akagitsune, she was still ranked third among the most deadly criminals. Weeper held the top spot, followed by the Phantom Troupe.

"My name is Y/n Zo—, no, just Y/n," you stated.

Gon leaned against his hand, gazing out the airship window lost in thought. He recalled the first time you spoke to him, the moment you revealed your name. It struck him as odd that you didn't disclose your full name, but he refrained from probing further.

"She must have had her reasons for withholding her full name," Gon pondered silently, casting a glance up at you as you were taller than him. That was the day he extended the invitation for you to visit his home. Initially hesitated, you eventually agreed to accompany him after he persistently insisted on treating your wounds. The following day, returning to the forest, Gon discovered you were still there and resolved to bring you back with him. Though you hesitated at first, his stubbornness prevailed, and you acquiesced.

'Who wants their life planned out for them?'

As Gon began to piece together the reasons behind your flight from home, he couldn't shake the nagging question: why didn't Killua recognize you if you were siblings? Everything Killua had confided in him about your shared past on Whale Island made sense, yet there was a puzzling gap in his understanding.

"Killua... Y/N-san," Gon mumbled, lost in his thoughts.Suddenly, a fry was placed in Gon's open mouth, startling him as he turned to find Leorio and Kurapika offering snacks.

"What's with the long face, Gon?" Leorio quipped, munching on fries and flashing a grin down at the young boy.Kurapika chimed in to lift his spirits.

"We'll arrive in the Republic of Padokes by morning. You'll reunite with them soon."

"Yep!" Gon replied, a smile brightening his face as he turned back to the window. "We'll definitely bring them back with us," he affirmed to himself, determination evident in his gaze.

As Kurapika settled in front of him, sipping on the soda they had just purchased, Kurapika's thoughts drifted back to the image of you, with your sharp claws and ominous dark veins creeping across your skin.

'Why did Y/n leave their home?'

Kurapika had heard of the Zoldyck family's daughter before, but he never imagined that the renowned assassin would be the same age as him—let alone that he would encounter not just one, but three Zoldycks. From the moment he laid eyes on you, he sensed you were not an ordinary girl, though not as extraordinary as a Zoldyck child. He was well aware of their reputation—their family legacy as assassins was known far and wide.

Living under a rock would be the only excuse for not knowing about the infamous Zoldyck family or the notorious criminal known as the Akagitsune, donning a Kitsune mask.The mere thought of you carrying out assassinations made Kurapika's heart race with apprehension.

"I just discovered she's truly an assassin, but why can't I shake her from my thoughts?" Kurapika mused, leaning in until his forehead touched the window. "Her smile... the same genuine smile she always gave Gon. But why do I sense she's concealing something? And are these feelings for her even real?"