04. THE PERVERT

Hours had passed since the commencement of the Hunter Exam's first phase. You had been searching for your group, but no luck—they were nowhere to be found. With people rushing around you, going back to where you last saw them would be difficult, so you opt to wait at the exit instead. You were confident Gon would make it, and he wouldn't leave anyone behind; he was determined like that. That kid didn't know the meaning of giving up, which you found amusing. His kind, honest, and curious nature sets him apart, making you want to protect him since the day he called you his friend.

As you ran, thoughts of Killua consumed your mind. Since losing him in the crowd, he lingered in your thoughts, and you couldn't shake the feeling of missing him. You longed for his endearing gestures, like calling you "Y/n-nee" or "oneesan," and his spontaneous hugs. But how did Killua manage to leave the estate? Did your Father allow it?

The idea of Silva permitting Killua to participate in the Hunter Exam seemed far-fetched.

Recollections flooded back; Illumi hadn't pursued the exam, and their focus was on molding Killua into the ultimate prodigy without any distractions.

Did Killua leave without permission from your parents? Did he run away? It seemed plausible.

Thoughts of Killua leaving the estate triggered memories of a tall man with long raven hair—your older brother, Illumi. Your muscles tensed at the sudden recollection of your nen-manipulator sibling.

Earlier, you had sensed a dark aura, reminiscent of Illumi's, yet you hadn't spotted him in the crowd. Was he truly present, or was it just your imagination? The answer eluded you.

Illumi was unpredictable, and you couldn't fathom your father, Silva, simply allowing Killua to venture out alone. No, it didn't add up. Perhaps Illumi was tailing him, lurking somewhere amidst the bustling crowd. I

Meanwhile, Gon and the two older boys ran together as a group until Leorio caught sight of a white-haired kid riding on a skateboard.

"Hey kid, hwait up!" Leorio called out, his eyebrows furrowed with frustration as he raised his fist in the air, looking like an old man ready to challenge someone to a fight. Leorio was already worn out, having underestimated the Hunter Exam and directing his emotions towards the bot. "You ought to show some respect for the Hunter Exam!" he barked, his tone stern.

"What do you mean?" the white-haired kid on the skateboard questioned, his curiosity piqued.

"Why are you using a skateboard? That's cheating!" Leorio exclaimed, his frustration evident in the sweat dripping down his face.

"Why?" the kid asked innocently. Leorio became ballistic.

"Why...?! This is supposed to be an endurance test!"

"No, it isn't," Gon interjected, glancing between the two.

The man in the suit turned his head to Gon while still running. "Gon, what are you saying?"

"The examiner only told us to follow him," Gon replied simply, clarifying the situation.

"Whose side are you on, huh?" Leorio panted, his frustration evident.

The white-haired kid backed away from the boisterous Leorio, turning to face Gon with his hands tucked in his pockets. "Hey, how old are you?" he inquired, his tone casual.

Gon raised both eyebrows, sizing up the kid.

"I'm twelve years old," Gon replied calmly.

Suddenly, the white-haired kid effortlessly flipped off his skateboard, catching it effortlessly with his right hand and giving Gon a cool look before breaking into a run.