15. MEMORIES AND CONSEQUENCES

Almost seven years had passed since your last visit to the Zoldyck Estate, yet as you stepped through its familiar halls, you noticed that little had changed. The interiors remained unchanged, save for the absence of your portraits and those of your family, which once adorned the walls. A sense of relief washed over you when your mother informed you that Silva was absent from the estate. Instead, you were met by Gotoh and the other butlers of the family, both old and new, who stood in line to offer their monotonous welcomes as you entered.

Following behind Kikyo, you walked alongside the youngest Zoldyck, Kalluto, who cast furtive glances in your direction, his curiosity palpable.

Kalluto couldn't believe his eyes; after almost seven long years of waiting, you were finally back. Even though he was only four when you left the estate, he remembered you vividly. He cherished the picture frame containing the family portrait with you in it, a constant reminder of your presence in his life. Memories of the days spent playing and being cared for by you flooded his mind, filling him with a longing for your embrace, your kisses, and the stories you used to read to them at night.

'Y/n-neesan is back, I'm so happy,' he thought, stealing another glance at your side. This time, your eyes met his, and you gently patted his head, offering a small smile that he returned, his cheeks tinged with a faint blush. Observing you now, he couldn't help but notice how you had blossomed into a beautiful young woman, radiating strength and grace. There was no doubt in his mind that you would continue to uphold the esteemed legacy of the family, just as he had always expected from the only daughter.

"Okaerinasai, Y/n," a voice resounded through the living room, and you turned to see the eldest Zoldyck member standing with unwavering presence. His arms were folded behind his back, and he maintained his characteristic hunched posture.

"Sofu. It's been seven years. How have you been?" You greeted him respectfully, inclining your head slightly to acknowledge his seniority. Unbeknownst to you, both Kikyo and Kalluto had already departed for the punishment room where Killua was being held, likely under Milluki's watchful eye.

"I'm doing well, child," Zeno responded, his sharp eyes studying you intently. Despite the absence of your activated Nen, he could still sense a formidable aura emanating from you—a newfound strength that he hadn't previously detected. "I can sense a great power within you. What have you been up to these past few years?"

"Nothing, Sofu. I've been living a normal life," you replied calmly, though Zeno's skeptical expression suggested he wasn't entirely convinced.

Humming thoughtfully, Zeno decided not to press the matter further. "Your father will be arriving in a few hours. I presume your return home coincided with your encounter with Killua during the Hunter Exam, am I correct?" he inquired.

"Yes," you confirmed politely.Zeno was the only elder Zoldyck with whom you had a close relationship. As a child, you often sought refuge with him whenever your parents scolded you. Despite your bond, a sense of apprehension still lingered around him. In his advanced age, Zeno remained a formidable tactician and a skilled user of Nen. While he had trained you in Nen, he wasn't the one who initially introduced you to its intricacies—that had been someone you encountered in Meteor City long ago.

"I hope you still remember the agreement you made with your father, Silva, all those years ago, Y/n. You've broken it. Remember, breaking a promise or a deal carries consequences," Zeno reminded you sternly, to which you nodded in acknowledgment. "Killua-kun is in the punishment room. I'll take my leave for now. We'll speak again later, child," he concluded before disappearing in the blink of an eye, showcasing his agility even in old age.

With determination, you made your way towards the punishment room, passing by your own chamber. Your clothes bore the remnants of the recent Hunter Exam trials, having changed multiple times throughout. However, stains of blood marred your white uwagi top from the confrontation with Illumi during the exam's final phase.