14. WELCOME HOME

You let out a frustrated groan as you realized that Milluki had once again pulled a prank on you, just as you expected. He was always such a jerk. Despite knowing your aversion to drawing attention, your twin brother had deliberately set out to annoy you.

Upon arriving at the airport, you were greeted by a group of men holding a large banner with your name on it, lining up in two rows outside the entrance. The moment one of them recognized you, embarrassment flooded over you, undoubtedly orchestrated by Milluki who likely sent them a photo of you beforehand. As people began to stare, you regretted ever informing him of your trip home. You could have simply stormed into the Zoldyck Estate unannounced, startling everyone inside, but you were well aware that such a reckless move would only result in your demise; the estate's butlers were all highly skilled fighters, some proficient in Nen combat.
At least you weren't that dumb, right?

"Here's the way, madam," the man who recognized you guided you towards the private airship that Milluki had arranged for you. Despite you being the one footing the bill, Milluki didn't seem bothered by splurging on the rental. Clearly, he assumed you still had a substantial amount in your bank account, a fact he knew all too well considering his expertise as a hacker. Before proceeding, he had even checked your account balance to ensure everything was in order.

You stepped into the airship, relief washed over you as you realized you were the sole occupant, free from prying eyes or unwanted company. Hastening to the control room, you wasted no time in preparing for departure, eager to escape the embarrassing situation at the airport.

The urgency to reach Kukuroo Mountain grew stronger within you, knowing that your presence could greatly help Killua. Situated in the Dentora Region of the Republic of Padokea, the journey by airship would span three days. You surmised that Killua likely opted for the public airship after fleeing home; he wouldn't have requested the Zoldyck's private airships to retrieve him, as he wasn't that stupid. One thing that all of the Zoldyck family shared in common was the unwavering pride.

Thoughts swirled in your mind, recalling Illumi's unsettling revelation about Killua's confrontation with his family members.

Why would he do that anyway? Killua was a sweet child before. Or was he just sweet to you? You hadn't heard from him ever since you left the Estate, and that made your guilt worsen.

You shook your head, dismissing the burden of guilt weighing heavily on your shoulders. What good did it do to dwell on past mistakes, especially when they were beyond your control?

"I'm just correcting my mistakes," you reassured yourself, though the conviction in your words faltered. But were you truly correcting anything? Was leaving the Zoldyck Estate a mistake in the first place? If not, then why the sudden urge to return home? Was it the sight of Killua, vulnerable and defenseless against your older brother's harsh words, that stirred up feelings of remorse? Or was it the pain of witnessing Killua's inability to recall your existence that drove you back? What was the true motivation behind your decision?

"I'm such an idiot," you muttered under your breath, relinquishing control of the red controller to let the airship fly autonomously. Slumping into the chair, you pulled your knees to your chest, overwhelmed by the weight of your own thoughts.

After nearly three days of air travel, you finally touched down in the Dentora Region, the wind blowing your hair as you stepped out onto familiar ground. It had been almost seven years—seven long years—since you made the decision to leave this region, and now you found yourself back where it all began. The landscape had changed since your departure; the once sparse region now bustling with development. The sight of Kukuroo Mountain looming in the distance sent shivers down your spine, but there was little time to dwell on it.