Chapter 8

The group made it to the mountain. Although, by the time they got up there and set up the presentation, as well as the projector, it was already early evening. Leonard and Red were standing in front of the projector screen while Mighty Eagle, (Y/N), Silver, Chuck, Bomb, and Courtney, who joined them last minute, all sat at a table. All their attention was focused on the two males.

"Each of you has been selected because you're the best in your field," Leonard said to the group as he swung his wooden pointer stick around.

"Oh!" the group exclaimed happily.

"That we could find."

"Oh ..." The group looked at the pig in disappointment,

"Your skills will be put to the test," he exclaimed while Leonard pointed the wooden stick at the group. "Facing this!" he finished, smacking the projector screen with the stick.

A picture came up on the projector. It was the same picture of the island that Leonard showed Red and (Y/N) the night before. Bomb and Chuck gasped in shock, for dramatic effect, while Silver glanced down at her notepad, scribbling something. (Y/N) took a glimpse over at Mighty Eagle and noticed he didn't react at all like the others. She tilted her head to the side, wondering what was wrong.

Leonard continued, "As you can clearly see, this is a vol--" before he could finish his sentence, Red snatched the pointer stick from Leonard.

"Volcano," Red said, finishing for Leonard with a smirk. "A volcano is what my assistant was going to say."

Leonard frowned as he looked down at Red. "Assistant?" Leonard remarked as he grabbed the stick. "You're the assistant!"

They started to play tug of war, trying to take the pointer stick from each other.

Leonard growled. "Let go. Let go!"

"No, I'm the leader!" Red exclaimed as he pulled.

Leonard pulled harder. "I'll take that!"

Meanwhile, during their squabble, (Y/N) remembered something about volcanos while in college. "Hm, technically, isn't that a compo--"

Before she could finish, Silver interrupted her and spoke up as she rose her wing. "Actually, it's a composite volcano. You can tell by the height and the apparent vent clusters."

(Y/N) did a side glare and mumbled under her breath.

Red let go of the stick and raised his wings up. "Okay, forget I said volcano. This is a, um ..." he hesitated and then exclaimed, "it's a super-weapon!"

All the birds and Courtney gasped. Except for (Y/N), for obvious reasons.

"Weird, because it looks just like a volcano," Bomb stated.

"Yeah, a super-weapon in disguise," (Y/N) commented.

Leonard took a step forward, pushing Red slightly back with the stick. "Yep. And here's the scary part," he said with mystery. On cue, the photo behind Leonard changed, and without looking behind him, he pointed at the screen. "This! Is their psychotic leader!"

It was a picture of himself with pursed lips as he was holding something rectangular with a small flashed light, it seemed to be a phone. The group gasped, excluding Red and (Y/N).

Instead, (Y/N) raised an amused eyebrow. "You're... their psychotic leader?"

He took a glance at the screen and chuckled in embarrassment. "Ooh! How'd that get in there? Ha, ha."

The projector changed to a picture of him at a really unflattering angle below his stomach.

"Ew," Silver commented.