Chapter 18

Everyone grabbed food, drinks and cake. There were a few that had left, but the ones that remain will most likely dance the night away.

(Y/N) was getting some punch with Debbie and Silver.

"Debbie, (Y/N)!" Zeta called out to them. The two birds jumped and turned around, "get away from the punch bowl, girls! Come over here and dance with your mama!"

Debbie and (Y/N) nodded and shuffled over towards Zeta and Mighty Eagle, Debbie spread her wings out and hugged Zeta. While (Y/N) hugged Mighty Eagle. Debbie lifted up a wing and placed it over (Y/N)'s back, connecting the hug. Zeta and Mighty Eagle placed their wings around their two daughters. Creating a loving group hug.

"I love you, guys." (Y/N) muttered, having a closed eyed smile.

Zeta and Mighty Eagle looked up at each other and leaned in, closing their eyes as they also smiled happily.

"(Y/N)." Mighty Eagle called out.

(Y/N) looked up as she titled her head to the side.

"How did you know that was our song?" Mighty asked, Zeta also looked down at (Y/N) curiously.

(Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows, not sure what he was referring to, but then she realized what he meant. She thought about it and shrugged, "It was just a hunch."

She really had no idea, she remembered hearing the song a long time ago when she was still living with Mighty Eagle. The memory of that song, playing on that old record player. That's the only memory she has of the song.

"Let's dance!" Debbie exclaimed grabbing Zeta.

They all broke the hug and began to dance together.

"Hey, y'all!" A bird shouted as they danced.

"Mom, watch this!" A hatchling exclaimed as she did a dance move.

(Y/N) realized that she just left Silver all alone. She looked up at her parents, who seemed too busy dancing together.

(Y/N) just left the group and went towards the punch bowl. When she got to the table, Silver wasn't there and disappeared somewhere.

"Uh, Silver?" (Y/N) said as she looked around, wondering where she went.

As the song died down, (Y/N) scanned through out the whole crowd. She then noticed Silver telling something to the pig DJ.

(Y/N) just assumed she was requesting a song to be played.

The pig nodded at the bird. (Y/N) held her wing up in the air as she waved down Silver.

Silver saw (Y/N) and made her way back to her. Before (Y/N) could ask Silver what she said to the DJ, the pig spoke, "Alright, everyone. Grab a partner and let's take it slow."

The song started to play and everyone started to find their partner, while some took their seat.

🎶🎶🎶

"Ah, well time for me to pop a squat." (Y/N) said, a bit sadly.

Silver grabbed (Y/N)'s wing, "Wait."