Dante's POV

"Lola, where you at?" "We just pulled up into the parking lot. Give me 5 minutes." "Aight." I reply and hang up. I was lingering around the table we reserved, waiting for the crew. I was kinda nervous. This is first time in like 2 years that I've been to a dance with my friends. I usually just stay home cause I feel like they don't want me there. But Lola asked me and I can't say no to her. The double doors burst open and in flies a flash of red. Next thing I know, I'm being attacked by a body. "Dante!" Lola yells and I laugh. "Hey, beautiful." I say, pulling her into a hug. She kisses my cheek, running onto the dancefloor as 'Lil Homies' by Pac comes on. "What's good, Tae?" Cole says as we do our handshake. "Not shit." I reply and sit down. I watched Lola as she and the girls danced. "You really like her, don't you?" Cole asks. "Shawty irresistible." I reply and he laughs. "Can you handle her? She crazy as fuck." "You talking shit, Amazon?" Baby girl says as she comes to the table. "Damn right." "You brave." "You ont scare me, La'nayjah." Cole replies and then he's on the ground. "I should." She replies and I'm dying. "Kyrie!" Cole yells and Kush comes rushing over. "What happened?" "Ya baby moms pushed me out my chair." Cole states and she starts laughing. "I can't even feel sorry for you. Get ya punk ass up." She replies, slumped over in laughter. Lola pulls me onto the dancefloor as 'LA Love' by Fergie comes on. "Tell em where I'm from. Finger on the pump, make the 6 straight jump from SoCal. Hollywood to the Slums. Chronic smoke, get burnt by the California on the West Side." The gym sings. "What we doing after this?" La asks as she practically glues herself to me. "You don't wanna go with the crew to eat?" "Nah. So what are we doing?" "You'll see." I reply, kissing her lips.

*11:30 pm*

"Yeaaaaaa! Oh let's do it!" Everybody was turnt as fuck. Somebody kept requesting old hip hop songs. It was cool though. From all the way in the back, Tray yells, "Play the Cha Cha Slide!" I start rolling, feeling salty when the DJ actually plays it. The crowd disperses and I literally can't stop laughing because Koley is in the middle finna fight like a motherfucker. "Cole, leave me alone!" Kyrie yells, running over by me and La. "Imma get my Puerto Rican friend to beat you up." She says and I Cha Cha Slide my ass right up out that situation. "You a asshole." Lola says as she laughs. "Can't help it." I respond as I follow the song's instructions. At like 12:15, we end up outside. "Y'all sliding together?" Tray asks me and La. "Yea." "Be safe, y'all. Call me when you get home." Kush calls from the limo. I pull baby girl to my car and pull out the parking lot. "You finna have the best milkshake you've ever tasted." I state and she nods.

*2 hours later*

"Omg! This good as fuck." La'nayjah says. We were sitting in Mickey's Diner downtown St. Paul. "Told you." I reply, smashing out on chili cheese fries. "You going to junior prom?" "I didn't intend on it. Do you wanna go?" "I would like to." She replies and I nod, swiveling in my stool. "If you wanna do something, tell me and we'll do it. I ain't got no problem with taking you out and spoiling you." "Ok. Just don't be no 'yes man'. Can't stand a niggah like that." "Hahaha. I got you." I reply and she kisses my cheek. I definitely see us in this thing for the long run.