Academic Tragedy (Split Chapter)

This chapter has a lot to do with the frustration that will be going on between Kyrie and Cole. And it's also a beginning for me to go more in depth with the academic lives of the Thugs. So enjoy. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Koley!" Mom Dukes calls. By now, she knows that if she calls one of us, the other is coming too. "Yes, ma'am?" Kyrie says when we walk into the kitchen. Mr. and Mrs. Williams both had uncertain looks on their faces. "We got a call from the school today." Mrs. Williams says. We're a week in. "Ok ...?" "You have to be put in a remedial math class." "What?!" Novia yells, octaves high like her dad's when he's pissed. "Calm down. You won't be taken out of Analysis but you will have to go to the college after school for the class." Mom Dukes says and Kyrie runs out the room. "Go talk to her, Cole. Tell her that this is not that bad." Mr. Williams says and I run up to her room. She was straight out bawling. "Sweet thing." I say as I wrap my arms around her. "I can't do this shit!" She says, choking back a sob. "Yes, you can." "No, I can't. What the fuck makes them think I'm gonna understand Algebra 2 when these teachers don't even teach. I can't. My brain is already weighed down enough." "Listen to me, ma. The word 'can't' is not in your vocabulary. You can do this. You just have to try." I say and she glares at me. I know it's just her frustration but I feel regret for saying those words when she yells, "I try all the fucking time! But that shit doesn't help. I was constantly after school for help but my teacher overlooked everything I was asking. And just because it's gonna be a college professor teaching me don't mean he or she is gonna be any better. Why in the blue fuck do I need to know how to graph equations anyway?" Then she collapses. I scoop her up in my arms and lay her on the bed. "We'll talk about it later, Kyrie." I say and kiss her forehead as I lay behind her.

*Kyrie's P. O. V*

"You gone be aight, shorty?" Tray asks as we walk out the school. Today is the first day of my remedial math class. You don't understand something and now you're remedial. Ugh! "I'll be straight." I reply and walk with Cole to his car. My head really hurts. All I've been doing is crying. Everyone knows that I take my education very seriously and this ... This is just mind blowing. "Come on, thick one. Get in so I can drop you off." Novio says and I climb into the passenger's seat. "Try not to let this interfere with your concentration." "I'll try." I reply.

*15 minutes later*

"Call me when you're ready to come home." Cole says as he starts walking out the main lobby. "Wait. Aren't you forgetting something?" "Oh shit." He says and runs back over, picking me up and kissing me. Long and deep. "Good luck, baby girl." He says and I nod. That kiss made me lose my vocals and the balance I had. I look at the map then make my way to the classroom. When I walk in, all eyes fall on me. "Ah, you must Chandra." The professor says. "Nope." "Tabitha?" "No." "Gwendolyn?" "I'm Kyrie." "Oh! Well, you're not what I expected but welcome." She says and I roll my eyes. I can tell that this is gonna be a stupid class. "Don't trip over Mrs. R. She's a little loco." This dude says and I laugh. "I'm DeQuan." "Kyrie." "Welcome to the class." He says and I nod as a sign of thanks. Mrs. R starts teaching us about graphing equations and stuff since most of the students in here seem to be struggling with that. She tells us to break off into pairs and work on the problems on the board. "You wanna work with me?" DeQuan asks and I nod. As we're helping each other, I can feel his leg moving closer to mine under the table. I scoot my chair back and pretend not to notice but then I look up and see something in his eyes that didn't sit well with me. I might have to get bae to stay with me during these classes.

DeQuan. Keep y'all eye out for him cause he definitely will be showing up again. And Lola, your name is Sarah. Not Trap Gawdess Shawty! Ctfu!