Cole's POV

"Come on, baby girl. Pose." "I'm not photogenic." "Do it for me. You know what I'm tryna do." I respond. I was taking pictures of Kyrie for my portfolio. We stood on the bridge of Lake Minnetonka. I had her dressed in thigh high shorts and a brown blazer with no shirt. She was barefoot and her toes were painted a plum color which went really well with the jacket. "Fine." She states and literally slays me real quick. She tugs on the folds of the jacket, lifts one foot of the ground and cuts me a side-eye glance, lips puckered. "Ooh. I likes that." I state and she laughs, throwing her head back. "Hold that, baby." And I snap another photo. I smile in satisfaction as I stand up. "Aight. That's enough for today. You did great." "I don't know why you want me as your muse." "Because you're beautiful." I respond, pulling her into my arms. "Of course that's the reason." She says and I laugh. My phone rings as we walk back to the car. "Hello?" "So ... I just got a call from our 'aunt'." Kel says. "What aunt?" "Melissa?" "I no know her." "Me either. But she said that they're having a family reunion over Thanksgiving. And she wants us to come." "I'm not going." "I told her we'd be there." He says and I roll my eyes. "You can make that trip by yourself." "Come on, Cole. It'd be good to know our family." "Nah." I reply and hang up. I have a family. I have several families. Ion need no shoddy ass one. "Kel?" "Yea." "What was he talking about?" "Nothing." I respond, trying to mask my anger. After all these years, now they wanna reach out. Where were these motherfuckers after my parents died, huh? Who helped us then, huh? It's always been me and Kel. No one else. I'm not going to that whack family reunion. Them motherfuckers don't care about us. They never have and they never will.

*8:33 pm*

I was stepping out the shower when I hear Kyrie on the phone. "You know him better than anyone ... I can't make him do anything though ... It's his choice. And he probably has valid reasons ... Aight, man. I'll talk to him. But I'm not guaranteeing anything ... Aight. I'll holla." She says. When I walk into the room, she was laying on the bed. I know her. Ian gotta ask who she was on the phone with cause she gone tell me. I get dressed in silence. I know that Kyrie is worried about me. I've been quiet since we left the Lake. I just have a lot on my mind. I crawl between her legs and lay my head on her stomach. Her fingers run through my hair. "Kel told me about the reunion." "Of course he did." "I think you should go." "I'm not." "I know. But you could have cousins or something around our age who are hella chill." She says and I move up so I'm hovering over her. Her hands rested on my sides. "Listen to me. I'm not going. I don't need those people. I have you and our friends and my brother. That's all I care about. I don't need them motherfuckers. I've been fine without them." I growl. She caresses my cheek and I let the tears that I was holding back fall. "Ok, baby. I understand. I won't force you. I'm behind whatever you decide." "Thank you, Kyrie." "Shh." She says, pulling my head down. I kiss her lips before burying my face in her neck. She held me all night. It had been awhile and I realized how much I needed it. Suppression was my thing and I had been holding a lot of shit in. I'm still not ready to talk about any of it.