Cole's P. O. V

Last bell rang and I walked out the classroom. "Cole, we got practice." Tray says. "I already talked to coach. He let me slide for today." "Aight. Go talk to your, excuse my French, Marshmallow." He replies and I laugh as I was walking out the school. I slide in my car and drive to my Novia's house. When I get there, I knock on the door. "Did you just knock?" Mom Dukes ask when she opens the door. "Uh ... Yes ma'am." "I oughta choke you out. 15 months and you still knocking. Boy, you practically live here. We gone get you a key made." She says and I'm ctfu. I love her so much. "Sorry, mom. Is Marshmallow here?" "Yea. She's in her room but lemme talk to you, real quick." She says and motions towards the table. I sit down and she says, "You know a lot more about my daughter right now. So how is she holding up?" Mom asks. "To be honest, I don't know. That's why I'm here this early. She told me that she was gonna tell me." "Well, I'm happy you're here for her. And you will always be my son in law." She says and kisses my forehead. I then walk up to Kyrie's room. She redecorated. Her bed is now directly under her window, dresser is where her bed used to be, bookshelf is mounted and she got a shelf for her shoes. It's a lot more room in there now. "Hey, sweet thing." I say as I walk in. She was standing in front of her vanity playing with her braids and rubbing her stomach. Cutest shit ever! "Hey." "I missed you." I say as I wrap my arms around her and tilt her head to the side so I can kiss her neck. She sighs to cover up the moan that I know she was holding back. "I missed you too." She says, hands covering mine. "Now come lay down with me and tell me why your pretty eyes are no longer bright." "I really don't wanna lay down." She says and I instantly know why. "You haven't slept since that dream, have you?" "No." "What was it about? Because your eyes are red, your head hurts, your sleepless and I'm worried." "How do you know my head hurts?" "Guess." I reply and she smiles lightly. "I had a dream that our whole relationship happened but ... I wasn't your girlfriend. It flip flopped between Joanie and Audrey. All of our hard work, you shared with someone else. And I got scared. I was fucking terrified. Because I love you. I love you from the deepest part of my being and I couldn't picture life without you because I've had you for so long. And there's not a day that goes by when I don't feel like realization is gonna hit you and you search for better." "Kyrie, we talked about this." "You can't tell me that you don't think the same about yourself! You can't tell me what you don't doubt yourself because I see you do it all the time." She yells and stands up. "I used to. But over time, I stopped because I know you. And I know that if we ever end, Lord forbid, you'll never open yourself up to anyone again. So I don't think you're gonna find someone better. The same way that I won't find anyone better cause nobody will be able to complete me like you do, ma." I say and hug her waist. "But Cole-." "No buts. I'm yours and you're mine. And we're not going nowhere for a long time. So are you ready to build this future?" "Yes." She replies and turns around in my arms. She leans in and kisses me lightly. "When did I let you get so demanding?" She asks and I laugh. "The exact minute you let ya guard down." "Mm. Well, I like it." "I bet you do." I reply and pull her braids. "Look, niggah. Stop trying to give out late night specials." "Baby girl! You won't know a LNS until I show you. I'll have you somewhere calling my name." I whisper in her ear and she buckles in my arms. I laugh and pull her to the bed. I pull her on top of me and stroke her hair while her head lays on my chest. I can't wait until we're laying like this after a long day of work in our own house. Kids down the hall in their rooms. Living out our dream.