I bet It all To you

"Wait! We are not done yet."
Laila said.

April sighs inside.
'Of course, she won't easily give up without a fight.'

"Mom." Red holds her hand.
He is determined to stay.

But Laila is determined and more sinister now. If she let Red stay, he might hear some unpleasant things not only about her but Red's mother.

Red's mother is Red and Richard's reverse scale. If you touch it you are doom.

"Go upstairs and wait for me."

Red eyes widen, he shakes his head.
"No! What you want to say Mrs. Argos. Go ahead and say it to me too." Red said.

April sighs.
She sits properly and holds Red hand.
She will block his ear as much as she can if it goes south. -She thought.

Laila chuckles.
"This is not very good Red's new Mommy. You are using your son to fight against me? Are you not afraid he will get hurt?"
She looks at April with ridicule.

April frowns
'Didn't you hear me? I only asked him to go upstairs to protect him but he wanted to stay! I, too, want to protect him but what should I do? Shout at him for wanting to protect me? Can you give me a break?'

"Mrs. Argos, come on, what are you talking about? Would you dare say something in front of the child?"
She chuckles.
'Would you dare?'

Red tightens his hold in April's hand.

April pats their entwined hands.
She smiles at him.

Mrs. Argos takes the tea cup sips on it and puts it down.

April scowls.
'What are you pretending to be a high class woman. You are also just a second wife. And I am even better than you. I only entered the house after the first wife died years ago. While you got impregnated even before your husband divorce!'

"I remember now, where I saw you. You are that cheap secretary."

April smiles sweetly.
"Oh. I am still Richard's secretary months ago. Not even a year past and you already forget?"

Laila raised a brow.
She ignores the snide comment of April because she plans to humiliate her.
"How can an ordinary secretary become my son's wife so suddenly then? Tell me."
She smiles meaningfully.

"Which son? My husband's mother is not you."

"What did you say? I am married to Richard's father! Even if he didn't come out from me I always considered him as my own son."

April chuckles.
"My manners, I forgot since you said 'son'. As your step-daughter-in-law, I really feel ashamed. Sometimes my memory is bad."
She sweetly smiles.

Laila laughs angrily.
"Who is your step-mother-in-law? Did I accept you in the family?"

Red clenched his fist and wanted to intervene but April tightly held his hand.

Red looks at April, then he shut up.

"You don't accept me? I am married to Richard even if you want it or not. If you don't accept me then maybe you should leave this house right now."

"Hah! You think you are a real madame ha?"

April grins.
"I am the real madam. As long as my name is April Argos. This house belongs to me and my family. What can you do about it? Mrs. LAILA?"

"YOU!" She looks at Red.

Red frowns.

"Can you accept this? This woman is trying to take away the place of your mother! She wants to replace her in your father's and your heart!"