Family Vacation

April sighs.

"I am sorry for saying those words. Of course I am not divorcing your father. I will let him divorce me. With that I can earn more money!" April smirks.

Red frowns.
"All you want is money. You money grubber woman!"

April smiles.
"Do you still hates me?"

"I....It's because...you gave me up so easily. You said you want me to like you. So..I got mad..and I...I said awful thi--*sniff* "

April hugs Red covering his face with her body.
The kid trembles while crying.
"After I called you Mom....Idiot."
He said doing his best to calm down.

"Im sorry. I won't say it again. April is a money grubber and an idiot. I am sorry."

"Yes. You are." Red wipes his eyes and move a bit to look at April.
"Stay more with me. If I grow up I can earn more money. I will give them all to you."

April sighs and kiss Red's forehead.
"Don't make me cry, brat. Let's eat some ice cream downstairs. Daym~~ Your relatives sucks."

"She is my father's half sister. Half of her is not related to me."
He frowns.

April laughs loudly and nod.
"True. Hahaha."

Red shyly grabs April skirt.
"You are also unrelated to me but I will be your son if you are good to me."

April smirks.
"Okay, your royal highness."

"Good." He smiles and run to the stairs.
"Ice cream. I want 2 scoops of chocolate Ice cream
"

"Ah! Sorry. All Chocolate flavored Ice cream is out of stock. We have the second best, strawberry, though."

Red pouts.
"Whatever."

April laughs while standing up.
She took a deep breath when Red left her.

'Geez. That kid is lovely. Why did I hated him before?'

"Mom!"

"Coming!"

The two went to the kitchen.
Red angrily cross his arms when he sees the chocolate ice cream in the fridge but an uncooked chicken is inside instead of the ice cream.

He blushes because he didn't believe April at first.
Finally, the two are holding a clear bowl of ice cream while watching an animal in the wild show.

The two are busy saying what looks stronger and who eats who that they forget the time.

"Dad!"

Red hugs Richard when he arrives.
Followed by April who kisses his cheek.

"I am sorry about what happened."

April nods.

"Not the first time." She said shrugging her shoulder.

"Dad, let's eat." Red said as he doesn't want to talk about what happened.

The food is tasty like always.
April eat the lobster like she is doing a fast eating challenge.

"Is it that tasty?" Red face palmed.

April smirks.
"Shut up."
She is not eating so ugly but it is a bit unrefined.
She loves to eat expensive food without paying a penny so how can she be satisfied without being a bit of a glutton?

"Eat slowly." Richard sighs and offer a soup to her.
"Odyssey blacklisted those two in the village. But my step mother might find you and make trouble. I can't easily blacklist her too or Dad might think I am being mean."

"I understand, Si---Husband." Blinks blinks.
She almost says Sir. It is strange because he is talking the same way he talks when giving her instruction at work so she unconsciously answered back.

Richard lips twitch.
"Anyways, I am going to leave because of work. Maybe 2 weeks."

"Oh. We will wait your safe return." April smiles. The boss always leave overseas or out of town. This is expected.

Red is a bit unhappy but he stares at April. He thinks he won't be alone now.
"Take care, Daddy."

"......"

Richard looks at the two who starts eating again.
He faked a cough.

"Don't you want to go with me?"

"Ehhh?" April paused.

"Really Daddy? Are we going abroad?"

"No. We are going to be out of town. There's good beaches around. You two will enjoy the hotel and the beach."

"Okay! Dad, you should tell the school. I will call Lucas so he will know."

"Reporting to your wife so soon?" April pauses and teased.

Red ignores her.

"April..."

"Yes?"

"How about you invite your parent?"

"......huh?"

"They should enjoy some time off."

"......w-what are you ta-talking?????"

"I think they hate me right? Let's invite them. Maybe we can talk sometime."

"...........you don't have too. This...This is a contract. I-I am not thinking that you really n-need to."

"You call my son, son. I want to call your parents the same."

"You want to call them son?"

A smile spread across Richard lips.

Red pouts.
"Why would he calls grandma and grandpa, Son? You are thinking or not?" Red shakes his head.

"Please?"
Richard reaches her hand and squeeze lightly.

".......my dad....might kill you."

"????"

"I mean...it will be fine since....since Mom will be there."

"????" Richard is shock.
He knows that April parents must be disappointed at him but not to that extend.

"I guess I bring that to myself." He sighs.
He asks a single woman to marry him offering her money and didn't even asks her parents. He only sign a paper saying she takes her as his wife and be fine with it. Send a cheuffer to fetch his newly wedded wife and didn't greet his in laws.

"I am a huge jerk to them." He says nodding.

April nods.
"Do not worry. You are the most important jerk to me!"

Red and Richard blink at her.
April looks serious while holding Richard hand tightly.

Richard laughs.
Red shakes his head.
"Who says something like that with that kind of face? You really~" Red pouts and looks at April.
"What about me?"

April looks at Red.
"My, you are a jealous one. You are the most important brat to me."

"I am not a brat.hmp." he looks away and then he smiles.

Richard needs to fix even a bit of impression he has to his in laws.
Of course, that decision is due to how April treats him and his son. He likes it. He slowly liking her as a person and not just a hard working employee.

A/N:

I ate chicken(from my cousin)soup with Petchay and sotanghon sauted in garlic and ginger.