I like Her

Richard just sat down after coming back in his office when his phone vibrated. He opens Red mail and raised a brow.
He forgot.
Rex likes April.
He noticed it before and tell April about it but April obviously dont like Rex so he forgot and dismiss it.

Rex told him he will visit his house he just agreed.
Richard likes Rex a bit.
He always followed him when Rex was a small baby and he smiles really cutely.
So even if he hates his mother, he is more linient toward this baby brother.

And despite Red's anger. In Rex mind, he still consider his and April's marriage as contractual so in a sense, he is not wrong in saying those words just he is arrogant enough to think April will choose him if they divorce.

Richard messages April.

Richard : Hey. Are you alright?

April looks at her phone and smiles a bit.

April : Ofcourse. Its not the first time.

Richard frowns with April's response yet he knows its true.

Richard : April, do you consider marrying me for real?

Red looks at April who suddenly scream and throws her phone in the floor.

"What happened?" Red asks worriedly.

April shakes her head. Scared. She trembles as she points at her cellphone.
"Impostor...there is an impostor using Richard's phone!"

Red rolls his eyes and pick up April's phone.

"That cant be Sir Richard. He is not my boss. How magical. Thef! Someone could steal from the boss office! Yes. Thats the most logical explanation."

Red looks at April.
"What's wrong with Dad asking you this? Dont you want money? Handsome husband? Dad have it all."

April who is shaking her head in panic stares at Red.
"He is too qualified that its scary! And why? Why is he suddenly asking me this?"

Red frowns.
"You...dont want to be my real mom?"

April paused.
She looks at Red.
"Just being good to you will make him  like me?"

Red snorts.
"Am I some sort of filter? Dad obviously likes you."

"No way." April shakes her head.

Red sat on April's bed and looks down.
"I want you to stop being my contract mother....and just be my mother."

April didnt respond.
She was so sure she is doing a good job but not tonthe extent of being chosen to be the real madame?!

Red hugs April arm despite April not sating yes to his wish.
He lower his head and smiles.
She likes money and looks.
His dad have both.
So its just a matter of time for her to fall.
Just... he click his tongue.
How can his father be this hopeless in romance? He should call Odyssey and make his dad attend some romance class.
Just casually asking a woman for marriage? Dont he knows what a grand proposal looks like?

Richard sighs not seeing April's reply.
He doesnt want others to continue using the contract as a weapon to harass April. If thats what he wants then he should marry April for real.

He feels his proposal is a bit premature and April might think of him as indecisive man.
He doesnt want that.

While he was thinking he received a call from his mother.

"You married your secretary as a cobtract wife, youmay be my son but you really am your father's too!" She is so mad on the other side.

"Mom."

"You dont really understand me, don't you? If this is what your going to do then you better just stay single!"

"Thats not what you told me before." Richard smirks

"Fool!" She shouted then  she sighs.
"I find your white moonlight."

"My what?" Richard looks at the ceiling and thinks if his mother finally gone senile.

"Arlene! I know I told you that she is not meant for you back then. Im still young and Im influence by your father. But If you really like her. I wouldnt object."

Richard ended the call.

"That sonofa!!" Karla shouted in anger and dial again.
"Hello! Why did you ended the call?"

"I thought you are day dreaming."

"Arlene! Arlene Camia. The daughter of our maid before. You are very close back then."

Richard cant recall what his mother is talking about. All his life he can only say that Odyssey is his only friend and the others are just a close acquaintance.

"That girl who always play with you when you are in Grade 3."

Richard looks at his phone and sighs.
"Grade 3, Mom? You are so heartless to let me and my white moonlight to separate."

"Are you mocking me, Richard?"

"Mom, Im still young back then. I dont even remember her."

"Well you will remember her since I already arrange your date."

"Mom, Im married."

"And its not marriage with love."

"I love her."

"I know. Thats why Im letting you met Arlene. She is the only girl I can remember you taken interest after your wife died. She -----you love who?"

Richard sighs.
"I think I love her. My wife."

"......You said you love her. Why did you suddenly change to 'i think'? When did you start liking her? Is she good to Red? Red is more important than your feelings Richard. Red is your son. Even if you love her if she is not good to my grandson I will never agree!"

"They are close. They are closer than I am to her."

"Is that true? She is not faking it? She really likes Red?"

"Red likes her. I doubt Red wont notice if she is faking it."

"Good job! You are really my son. You...I always like that secretary of yours. She is so pretty too. But I already talk to Arlene about letting her meet you. Dont worry. She knows you are married and just want to chat."

"Mom, I dont really think we are that close."

"Come on Richard. She is still my goddaughter. Ill explain to your wife. What does she want? Ill buy her souvenir."

"She likes everything that's expensive." Richard smiles.

"Oh, I like her even more!"

A/N:

My legs are numb.
Urgh...
Haha