Richard Smile

Romero, April's father, always treasure his one and only child. But  not to the point of spoiling her rotten. He still has bottom line in what is right and wrong and he thought that April will never be lead astray thanks to all their effort in reminding her yet she married a man for money.
How much of pain it  caused his heart?
His daughter is honest in her desire.
She always want to be rich but her ability is lacking, is what April keep saying.
In his eyes, who is more beautiful and smart than his daughter?
He doesnt want her to belittle herself.
April is a premature baby and his wife got three miscarriage before April was born. That is why her parents care for her more than usual.

"Dad,"
April smiles wryly.
Her father didnt come with them because he need to watch the store and also April's mother, Junifer, doesnt like him to come because he tends to reprimand them when they word fight with Maya's family.

"Dad." Richard steps forward to, to greet April's dad. He already knows April's family before he propose marriage. Of course he already check their background. He did greet him back when they had a vacation but he is too busy to entertain them. Ending him a feeling he gotten himself the Bastard card even more.

April gasps looking at Richard.
Her head is racking why Richard called his father dad and remember that they are still married so the title 'Dad'is appropriate.

April looks at his father who is looking at Richard's extended hand.
April is praying his father wont be too difficult.

Romero accepts the handshake.
Then he extends his hand ,showing the back of his hand.

Richard paused and looks at April.

April flinched too.
"Go and bless to Dad." She said hurrying him.

Richard smiles a bit and take the elder's hand.
"Bless Dad."

"Bless you." Romero said with a snort.
"This is the first time you visit here. Are you disdaining our work place?"

"Dad!" April gapes and hurriedly look at his father in shock.
"Richard is just busy." She wanted to pinch her father. She already tell them that they are contract partner. There is no reason for Richard to come here pay respect and act as a real son-in-law.

"Busy at work? Then you are not busy now?" Romero knows what April is thinking and sneers.

"Actually, Im embarrassed. Its my fault dad. Dont get mad at April." Richard politely said.

"Hm.." Romero looks at Richard.

"Now. Now. Our son-in-law is so handsome when he tells Fredo off. You should have seen it." Junifer said and pats Romero's back then look at Richard with a smile.

"He should know how to protect his wife. April never eaten a lost when it comes to cat fighting. If he cant say one or two isnt he useless?" Romero rolls his eyes.

"You!" Junifer slaps his arm.

"Ofcourse Dad is right. I will be useless if I cant help my wife." Richard smiles.

"Dont mind your Dad. Have you eaten?" Junifer asks.
"I think there's still some [paksiw na tulingan]. Do you eat that kind of food?"

April hurriedly shakes himer head signalling her mother not to offer sonething embarrassing.

The two elderly look at April shaking head and Richard smiling face.
"If you still have some."

"H-honey!" April grabs Richard's arm. "Yo-you really dont have to humour Mom and Dad."

"Im actually very hungry." Richard smiles.

"Then we should find the nearest restaurant. I know a nice Seafood restaurant here." April guiltily rubs Richard's arm. He came here to invite her to eat but because of everything that happened he was now famish.

"What's wrong with what we have here? You like my [paksiw] dish so why is it inappropriate for him to eat it?" Romero rolls his eyes.

April grits her teeth.
"Dad. The rice is already cold and...." -Richard is not used to eating food that is not cook from highest quality of ingredients.

Richard shakes his head and left April in gape.

Richard is sitting inside their stall, he did remove his coat but he is still wearing his white shirt with a tie while eating barehand. She doesnt understand why this boss need to do something like this.

Junifer elbows April who is gaping at Richard.
"Looks like he is trying to appeal to your Dad."

April shudders.
"Mom, he is just being polite."

Junifer snorts.
"Is he polite before? Then what made him polite now?"

April is puzzled too.
"Maybe because I am good to Red."

"And why would you not be good to my grandson? Speaking of Red, you bring him to the house again. Your Dad buy him some tops to play."

"Tops? Come on Mom, Red grows up using laptop and cellphones and you are going to give him tops?"

"What's wrong with it? You like playing with it before."

April rolls her eyes.
"Until it hits my toes and it bleeds!"
April is not always a dainty girl. She too used to play on the street, but not under the sun. She likes her soft, creamy white skin.

While the two women are talking the two men are talking too.

"Dad, you want to do something else aside from selling vegetables?"

Romero raised a brow and look at Richard. Since he looks like he just want to chat he nods.
"April doesnt like this business too much too. But I always been doing this job for decades now so its hard to suddenly switch."

"Oh. What does Dad wants to do?"

"My daughter always told me that Im good at cooking so Im planning to start a small eatery. I already have a place in mind and also I already have contacts where to buy meat and vegetables later"

Richard nods. He did admit that he like the taste of the fish he is eating. It is not the highest quality ingredients but it also passed his tastebud so his father-in-law's skill is not questionable.

"If you already have a place in mind. When are you planning to start it?" Richard asks.

"My loan is not yet approved. But my friend, who is working in the bank tell me its just a matter of time. So maybe 4 more months I can  start building the eatery."

Richard nods then he opens his mouth but Romero glares at him.
"Dont even start offering help or Itll be your last time staying here."

Richard smiles and close his mouth.
"You and daughter is a bit similar." Though April likes money and this father doesnt want his help. He feels that the two are very similar.

"Of course. April is my daughter." Romero snorts and smile.

A/N:

Seeeeee.. I told you Ill do it for you Julizaorlasan 😂😂😂😂😂😂