Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five:

What did you say?

Riley's Pov:

"Riley!" Alex yelled as I started towards my car. I decided to ignore her, picking up my pace as I fished inside my pocket for my car keys. I was tired of this party already. It grew annoying being surrounded by people who craved my attention, especially since I really did like my space. Not to mention how fucking loud it was. I could barely have a drink without some asshole guy in my face. Plus, I have an away game at Park Ridge's field tomorrow afternoon and It was already two in the morning. Like us, they haven't lost a single game this year and I'll be damned if Rosewood doesn't get to go to Sacramento over some prissy private school. Though that was the least of my problems.

I clenched my jaw tight as Alex stepped in front of me, blocking the door to my car. "Riley, wait!" She pleaded, getting me to glare at her. "Alex," I said as calmly as I possibly could, trying my best to ignore how pissed off I was right now. "Get the fuck out of the way." I finished my sentence, taking a deep breath. "Just hear me out!" She yelled, not bothering to move. "What could you possibly say?!" I asked harshly. "That you don't trust me?! That everything Zoey said was true?!" She only shook her head, tears streaming down her face. "I don't know." She tried reasoning with me. "Just please don't leave."

I scoffed loudly, a laugh escaping my lips. "Why don't you go ask your new girlfriend for a ride home? I'm sure you two hit it off pretty well." I retorted, watching her facial expression turn from sympathetic to pissed off. "Why can't you actually let me speak and stop being such a bitch?!" she argued shoving me back and attempting to walk away from me. She looked taken back when I decided to size her up, glaring at her drunken figure. "Where the fuck are you going?!" I asked, not letting her around me. "Away from you!" She yelled. "Apparently you don't want me around anymore." She spat, failing to get around me once more.

"So, what? You're just going to walk the streets? Do you even know where the hell you are?!" I questioned, watching her nearly trip over herself. "I can find my own way home." She muttered, reaching inside her pocket and grabbing her phone. I watched annoyed as she attempted to figure the damn thing out, being confused by it's brightness.

"Get in the fucking car." I demanded, eyeing a few people who were heading towards their cars as well. Even though I was pissed at her to the highest point, I wouldn't dare let her walk the streets alone. Especially while she's drunk.

Maybe some other chick but not her.

"Whatever," She amused herself, walking towards my car anyway. I rolled my eyes as I quickly followed after her, watching her sluggishly swing open my door, basically falling into the seat. She let out an annoyed groan as I closed the door for her, making my way around to the other side.

-

The entire car ride was awkward. Alex only laid against the window, my eyes not leaving the road. I decided to head to my house instead, knowing my parents wouldn't care and that it was closer.

I sighed as I parked in the driveway, staring at the darkness that came as my headlights lowered. I glanced over at Alex who was finally sitting up now, her eyes on me though I couldn't see her. I closed my eyes tight at the thought of her kissing someone else other than me. I was feeling mixed emotions, some of what I couldn't understand. I slowly rubbed the bridge of my nose, sighing to myself as I heard her speak. "Can we please talk?" She asked, sounding more sober now.

"There's nothing to talk about." I said calmly, climbing out and slamming the door.

I could hear her having a hard time as I unlocked the door, turning around and seeing her trying to walk in a straight line, basically wobbling sideways. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." I muttered, watching her almost fall over onto the driveway. I rolled my eyes as I made my way towards her, putting her arm around my neck as I held her side, helping her up the driveway and porch stairs into the house. Once we were inside I immediately let her go, throwing my keys on the counter and walking towards the bathroom.