Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Movie night

Riley's Pov:

I was starting to have a serious problem. What I thought to be some silly crush wasn't exactly that at all. I couldn't keep Alex off my mind and my feelings for her were starting to get out of hand. She wasn't only taking over my thoughts, but was also making me experience these weird feelings whenever she even gave me the slightest glance. Like today at Soccer practice.

I sighed as I stared at the grass, resting my arms on the bleacher behind me as I leaned back. Roberts was still talking about a new play she had come up with, but I wasn't exactly tuning in as much as the rest of the girls. I had to choose between fencing with Ryan, my trainer, today for the match next weekend or coming to practice for our game tomorrow.

"Psst,"

I turned my head to see Sophia sitting beside me, a smug grin on her lips as she looked me up and down. I raised my brow at her, giving her my attention. "Are you still with Taylor?" She asked as Roberts started on about positions. "What does it matter?" I asked, sitting up a bit now as she gave a bitchy smile. "Well, she's my good friend and I don't need her getting her heart broken by someone like you." She said loud enough for most of our team to hear.

I sighed hard, rolling my eyes at her. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked, not really caring. "Well, everyone knows how trampy you are." She stated as I started to bite my lip. "I'm not trampy." I whispered, trying not to slap this bitch back to Wisconsin. "Well, what's your preferred word? Whore? Slut? Prostitute?"

I turned my head, deciding to ignore her. I knew she was just wanted a reaction out of me, something I wasn't going to give her. Plus, she was just jealous that I always was considered star player no matter how much she impressed Roberts. Even though I didn't really care for her, she always tried to screw me over; fucking with me during soccer games and not following through with plays if it involved me getting the ball, which is pretty much always. She didn't have much dirt on me but my sex life. What did it matter of who I slept with? That's my business. Not hers.

"Riley," her annoying voice whispered in my ear, getting me to cringe as I slowly turned my head towards her. "What?" I asked, glaring at her dark eyes. She was still smiling, getting the satisfaction of knowing she was frustrating me. "How does dick taste?" She asked with that cackle she calls laughter. "You would know wouldn't you?" I asked. "I mean, you blew off Justin like ten times." I smirked at her frown, figuring I had won this little debate.

Of course she had more to say.

"When are you going to tell her you're a cheating asshole?" She decided to go back to the first subject. "Are you just upset that I didn't want you anymore after our first fuck? Or the fact that I laughed when you asked me to take you to prom last year? Or maybe it's because you'll never be better than me in soccer? No, actually I think it's because you're ugly as fuck."

"Fuck you!" She yelled, her anger causing her to grow upset. "Fields!" Coach Roberts yelled at her, both of us turning towards the front. "Why are you speaking when I'm trying to go over the play?! Do you want to be confused and look ridiculous tomorrow afternoon? We're playing against North View, one of the top high schools in Los Angeles!" She said as she threw her playbook in the grass, making hand gestures as she spoke. "I will not have Coach Peterson rubbing it in my face that my girls aren't as qualified for the championships as hers!" The lady was red in the face. "Why can't you just be more like Riley?!" She asked, getting me to smirk at Sophia's expression.

"Get your butts on the field!" She commanded, pointing out towards the grass. I sighed, standing up and following my team out onto the field, the grass crunching beneath my cleats as I stood in line, getting elbowed by Halley, her way to greet me. I gave my friend a slight smile, turning towards Roberts as she walked in front of us all, standing about a yard away. She placed a soccer ball in the grass. "When I call you, show me how well you can handle the ball." She said, Sam groaning. "What is this? Try outs again?" She asked, Coach Roberts shrugging. "Well, yesterday all of you seemed to be pretty sluggish so I'm making sure."