Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Quality Time

Alex's Pov:

I quickly sat up at the sound of banging on the dorm's door. Immediately, I regretted doing so, wincing as my head began to throb. I groaned as I rubbed my temples, attempting to focus my vision. 'What the hell hit me...'

"Open up!" A voice demanded from the other side.

I mumbled as I managed to wobble to my feet. I felt almost ridiculous as I tried to get across the room. It wasn't even a far distance, but I kept swaying for some reason.

The door flew open as soon as I unlocked it. There stood Zoey, her arms crossed over her chest. "Where were you today?" She asked, walking in.

As I shut the door, I noted that both Riley and Maddy were already gone. A quick glance out the window told me that it was mid afternoon. "What?" I rubbed my temples.

"You weren't in any classes today. I even dropped by your theater class and you weren't there either." She took a seat on my bed.

"I guess I slept all day." My voice was barely audible as I grabbed my phone, checking the time.

"What? Hangover? I'm not surprised by how much shit you did last night." I gave her a confused look.

"I remember nothing after those shots." I said honestly. I didn't know what came over me; I never allowed myself to drink so heavily, let alone act so recklessly!

She laughed. "Want me to give you a little summary?" I eagerly nodded.

"Firstly, after crowd surfing and spraying people with alcohol, you ran around like a lunatic in your bra, smiling from ear to ear. Secondly, you wanted to pole dance-"

I cut her off. "I wanted to do what?! I don't even know how to pole dance!"

She only rolled her eyes, continuing. "After that, you actually...well...check your bra." I stared down, nervously reaching inside my bra. My expression turned to disgust when I pulled out a burrito.

Zoey then laughed. "I don't think you want to know." I nodded as if to agree, tossing the burrito into the trash bin.

"Anyway," she stood up, fixing her skirt. "Guess who got laid last night."

"You?" I asked with a smile, ready to hear whatever story she had been saving for me all day. "Was it Adam?"

"Yup." She confirmed, practically glowing now. She scratched her head, chucking slightly. "And not exactly."

"Then who?" I asked as she gave me a sheepish grin.

"He's really cute. Kinda looks like you." I groaned when I came to the realization that she described no other than Logan.

I rubbed my face. "Go on."

"It just kind of happened, I swear." She tried to explain herself. "But damn. It was so-"

"Stop right there." I interrupted her, not needing to hear the details of whatever she and my brother did at the party. Just her telling me made want to gag.

"But it was so amazing!" Zoey exclaimed as I walked back over to my bed, now able to control my balance. "I just can't believe you gave up an entire night with Jake!" I was becoming better at zoning out when she started ranting, so that's exactly what I did. It wasn't like I could get a word in anyway, and the last thing I wanted was to hear her yelling at me again about Jake Holland.

I nearly fainted though when I saw Riley's jacket next to my pillow. Did I actually fall asleep with it? Ugh.

I was definitely wasted.