Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine:

Homecoming

Alex's Point Of View:

"What are you doing?" I asked as I felt Riley's arms snake around my waist. "Just holding you, babe." she whispered, planting a kiss under my ear that sent a shiver up my spine. I had convinced Riley to participate with me in the homecoming event today, which would give points to students who helped out. Since she somehow did manage to talk her mom into talking to my moms, I thought I could use this to help make up for the days I would have to miss if everything did go smoothly. We were supposed to be making deserts and drinks for the guests and game participants, but since Ms. Chase left the kitchen, Riley took the opportunity to have alone time with me. We both had been rushing around all day, getting everything ready for the annual anniversary of Rosewood and Lockwood Academy, and the celebration of mostly all of our sports team heading to state soon.

"Is this okay?" she asked innocently as I was trying to stir the brownie mixture. I could see the devious little smirk on her face in the shiny counter top as her hand slowly travelled to the front of my shirt, pushing it up slightly, which was more than enough access for her to do what she wanted. I closed my eyes as I could feel her move my hair aside with her other hand, her lips leaving light butterfly kisses on the back of my neck.

"Riley.." I whispered, which sounded more like a moan than an intended scold. I felt my breath hitch as her fingers made contact with my skin, lightly caressing my lower stomach. She became a little more bold, leaving longer kisses on the side of my neck and ear. This girl was the biggest fucking distraction! "Riley, what if someone walks in...we could be caught." I breathed weakly. I could feel her lips leave my skin as she whispered in my ear. "We've been working our ass off while everyone else is out there enjoying themselves. Can't we have a little fun too, baby?"

I felt weak in the knees at her words, especially since I've never heard her call me 'baby' before, which was a huge turn on for some reason. She could tell how I was feeling, smiling as she nibbled on my ear.

I slowly turned around in her arms, staring up at her sastisfied facial expression. I felt my face flush though as her hands playfully squeezed my ass. Noticing my reddening cheeks, she laughed and pushed us both forward towards the counter so her body would be pressed against mine.

I smiled when she leaned her head against mine, those crystal blue eyes making my heart flutter in my chest. I blushed even more as she brushed my hair behind my ear in order to see my face. She had the weirdest effect on me, and I loved it with a passion.

I nearly bursted out laughing when a random, yet bizarre thought managed to crawl into my mind. Riley looked at me strangely before laughing at me. "What?" she asked as I shook my head. "Only weeks ago we hated each other, but now we're getting frisky in this kitchen, getting ready to sleep in the same bed together for an entire two weeks, under the same roof and all." She gave me the cutest smile ever, allowing me to kiss her dimples. "Well, I guess this crazy ass school did bring something amazing for my future after all, eh?" she asked as she smiled even more.

"Stop that!" she laughed out as I continued to kiss her cheeks. "But they're so cute!" I said as I moved my head back to get a good look at her.

She rolled her eyes as she lifted me up, setting me on top of the counter. "We can't just fool around the entire time, you know? They'll be coming back in an hour expecting a homecoming cake, brownies, and a shit ton of cookies." I reminded as she groaned. "Why the hell did we sign up for this shit again? I'd rather watch the parade and fireworks." she whined. "If you want me to attend your games, you better help out. Plus, I think you could use a few points in the history department." I teased as I poked her chest. Riley scoffed. "I don't even get history. What's the point?"