Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six:

Express Yourself To Me

Alex's Pov:

I rubbed my temples as I attempted to figure out where the hell I was. The room was rather large, and the bed I was in wasn't exactly familiar. I groaned as I decided to sit up, immediately regretting doing so and wincing at the throbbing pain that surged throughout my head. I rolled my neck in attempt to relax my muscles, sighing as the pain that asked for more attention.

I glanced over towards the night stand, my eyes squinting as I made out a picture of Riley and her family sitting next to the lamp. The more I studied her expression, the more I started to remember. I glared into the photo as I slammed my fist into the comforter out of frustration, feeling exactly how I felt last night all over again. Who the hell did she think she was talking to me like that?! I bit my tongue as I thought of last night, the smirk in the family picture mocking me as I climbed to my feet.

I roughly swung open the door to the guest room, closing it behind me before hearing laughter that trailed from downstairs. I rolled my eyes as I headed downstairs, following the sound into the kitchen.

I eyed Blake and Carl who were sitting at the table, having a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Abrielle was talking on the phone as she peered into the refrigerator. By the ingrediants already set out on the counter, I could tell she was already planning ahead for dinner.

I looked over as Riley walked right past me, entering the kitchen. I glared as I watched her seat herself at the table across from her brothers, yawning and not covering her mouth as usual. I crossed my arms over my chest as she poured cereal into her bowl, her blue eyes glancing up as I stormed over towards her. "Cereal?" She asked nonchalantly, waving the box of Lucky Charms in my face. I roughly shoved it away, Riley sighing as she set it back on the table again.

"I'm pissed at you." I said as she poured milk into her bowl. "Are you now?" She asked as she gave me a pretend terrified expression. "Yeah, I am." I answered, being slightly taken back by the smirk that formed on her lips, my cheeks glowing slightly from anger. "Who says I'm not pissed at you?" She questioned, a spoonful of cereal going into her mouth. "I mean, as I remember, you did kind of screw me over last night." She said with a shrug.

"What happened last night?" Mrs Sanders asked as she finished up her phone call, my eyes averting from Riley to her. "Just girl stuff." Riley answered for us, running her fingers through her dark bangs. "I know that." Mrs Sanders chuckled. Riley rolling her eyes. "I'm sure whatever it is isn't worth arguing over." She explained, wiping her hands on her apron after rinsing them off in the sink. I leaned against the side of the table, my hands resting on the edges. Riley shook her head before standing up. "I'm going to head out." She stated.

"Where?" Abrielle asked before she could exit the kitchen. She rubbed the back of her neck as she glanced over at me for some reason. "Just out." She answered, sighing at the look Abrielle gave her. "To meet some of the girls." She elaborated, shrugging her shoulders. Abrielle gave her another motherly look, Riley groaning. "At the field." She answered. "To practice a little before we play Park Ridge." She said with a hand gesture, her keys resting lazily in her hand.

"You're going dressed like that?" Abrielle criticized, Riley looking down at herself. "What?" She asked, looking slightly offended. She was wearing only sweatpants and a tank top, her hair in her face. I couldn't help laughing as she did a little spin, as if to present herself. "Go make yourself look more presentable before leaving and take your friend with you. You know the rule." Abrielle demanded, Riley scoffing as she walked out and disappeared after turning a corner. "Teenagers," Abrielle mumbled as she walked over and set two glasses of orange juice in front of Blake and Carl who were playing some game on their game system. "Alex, feel free to go freshen up." She told me with a smile, motioning me towards the hallway. I gave a nod before exiting as well, heading towards the stairs.