chapter fourteen "BLOODY NEW YORK!"

A/N: Oiii! fancy seeing you here, eh? I wasn't originally going to post tonight, but i couldn'thelp myself. I can't let you guys down! Thanks to Lilliexox for keeping me in check, as always (:

P.S. I bet time lord tears taste like rainbows (;

__________________________________________

Chapter 14

Two days later, and the plan was complete. Rory had taken off of work to “take care of you”, and Amy was at her office. Rory had convinced you to tell the doctor first, being as he had no idea you even left the TARDIS. You were going to get the doctor, he was going to park the TARDIS in Philadelphia, well away from the timey-wimey New York. You were going to use the vortex manipulator to land back in Amy and Rory’s apartment, and the three of you were going to take a train to Philadelphia. The hard part was convincing Amy to come with you without telling her she was going to see the doctor and that you were his daughter. What could go wrong? 

You say your goodbyes to Rory- for now, and grab River’s vortex manipulator, and set it for the TARDIS, two days after you left. The doctor and River shouldn’t be back from their vacation yet, so you will have time to plan out exactly what to say to them. You once again feel the painful time vortex, but this time something isn’t right. Instead of the endearing warmth of the TARDIS, you feel coldness. You look around and realize that you have moved, but not very far. In fact, you’re just outside of Amy and Rory’s flat. You try again. This time, you’re back in the apartment, to yours and Rory’s surprise. “You’re back? That was quick.” 

“No, I… I don’t know. Something’s wrong. Hang on.” This time, you finally land in the TARDIS, but it is anything but warm. You land right in between River and the doctor, who don’t even flinch. The doctor is leaning against a railing, looking upset, and River is staring at the scanner, having nothing better to look at. The doctor looks up from the ground and his green eyes bore into you. 

“What were you thinking?” he spat. “You have no idea how reckless that was!”

“You could’ve been killed!” River yelled, twirling around to face you.

“Wha.. No, I… I didn’t mean to-”

“ARE YOU INSANE? THERE ARE ANGELS EVERYWHERE!” the doctor cuts you off. “not to mention how Amy and Rory could have been hurt! You directly disobeyed my orders! You‘ve been gone for 5 days!” he stalks over to the console, angrily jabbing at the buttons. 

“I- I didn’t mean to be gone so long, the manipulator was acting up, and-”

“THAT’S BECAUSE YOU WENT TO BLOODY NEW YORK!” River storms over, and snatches for your wrist. You flinch in fear, and she stops dead in her tracks, then cups your face with her perfectly manicured nails. “Oh, sweetie. I would never- I’m so sorry.” When you notice her voice catch in her throat , you look up to see a tear fall from her eye. “I was so worried about you.” she admits, and pulls you into a hug. Over her shoulder, you see the doctor, looking guilty.

“We didn’t mean to yell, I know you were just trying to help…” River lets you out of her hug, and you run to the doctor, and he hugs you like his life depended on it. You let his tweed jacket soak up your tears, and feel a tear drop onto your head.