chapter thirteen "Don't ever do that again."

A/N: I can't even put into words how lucky you guys are that I'm posting today. I have so much to do, but I figured I'd hurry up and post while I can, because I'll probrobly be busy all week. Enjoy!

P.S. I love this chapter. Best one by far.

Chapter 13

You open your eyes and stare up at the ceiling. You can hear the pages of a book turning, and a pair of feet pacing on the floor. Whoever attacked you must have taken you here, and were waiting for you to wake up. After a moment’s consideration, you realize that you’ve almost been killed, and decide that It’d be best if you acted like you were still asleep, to see what they were up to.

“I know you’re awake.” laughed a Scottish voice. Amy’s voice. You sit up in the bed, only to have a gut wrenching pain in your head remind you to stay put. Rory had stopped pacing and sat down on the bed beside you. 

“Let me help, I’m a nurse.”  He starts inspecting your head and wraps it in a bandage. “I’m really sorry.. I, I didn’t know… what’s your name?”

“Rory, I don’t care what her name is, I want to know why she’s been STALKING MY HUSBAND!”

“Amy, calm down, I’m sure she has a reasonable expla-”

“OH SHUT UP RORY! For all we know she could be an alien or something!” you laugh to yourself.

“Do I look like a cyber man?” For some reason, they both stop dead in their tracks and stare at you as if you had three heads. “What?”

“Cyber man, you said cyber man. RORY! SHE SAID CYBER MAN.” she nudges him without taking her wide eyes off of you.

“I heard her, Amy.”

“How do you know about cyber men?” Amy questioned suspiciously. Whoops. You’ve been caught. You decide that telling them that you were their long lost granddaughter would be bad.

“I… travel… with the doctor,” you admit. All of the sudden, Rory looked extremely worried, while amy looked extremely pissed off. 

“YOU IDIOT! WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT DO YOU WANT? GO AWAY!” Amy runs to the window and looks around angrily. “WHERE IS HE? I’LL KILL HIM.” Meanwhile, Rory tried to calm her down, without success. Rory runs over to Amy, grabs her face, and kisses her passionately. At first she struggles, then she calms down, pulls her face away and slaps him. “Don’t ever do that again.” she mutters. Rory laughs and shakes his head, obviously impressed with himself. Amy looks depressed, but calm. “You’re a little young to be traveling with the doctor, aren’t you?” she asks, judgmentally.  

“Amy, why don’t you go make some tea, I need to talk to our friend here alone.” Rory adds, politely. Amy stops out of the room, rolling her eyes at him. “Now, how are you doing?” he asks, eyebrows raised. "I'm really sorry I tackled you, but you never know. I thought you were a mugger or an angel or something..."

“Rory, thank you for your help and all, but can I tell you something?”

“Sure,” he seems pleased. Then, you muster up the smallest amount of regeneration energy you possibly can, and heal the wound on your head, as yellow light floods from it. You shrug, looking up at him guiltily. “Oh, I know,” he states matter-of-factly, pointing to his stethoscope. “I’ve also figured out that you’re our granddaughter, considering that the doctor and River are the only time lords left…” He seems pretty excited about the whole thing. You both stand up, and he awkwardly hugs you. “I didn’t tell Amy, I knew how she’d react.”

“Good, because I have a bit of a surprise for you,” you smile slyly. “How’d you like to see the doctor?”