chapter fifteen "Bigger plan brewing"

A/N: Hey guys! I know this chapter's kind of short, but I was rushing to get it done, so I hope you like it!

_______________________________________________

Chapter 15

As far as your family knew, you had completely dropped the whole “Ney York escape plan”. They’d been watching you closely for a week or two, and were finally convinced that you weren’t going to try anything. They even admit that they’ve gotten you a present, that they’d give you when they think you’re ready. Little do they know, you have a bigger plan brewing. 

You’ve been studying up in the new and improved library. All the books weren’t there, but you’ve been studying up on everything you need to know. You walk into one of the distant rooms that were never used, to check on your progress. It’s doubtful that the doctor even knows the room exists. All that was in the room when you found it was a pile of junk, which was coincidentally just what you needed. Using your notes and diagrams you created from your research, you’ve created a multi-dimensional intertwining device. It’s a bit like time glass, only you can actually physically touch living things in another dimension, without actually being there, which would prove fatal when it comes to time travel in New York.

As you walk into the room, you are delighted to see that your device is almost complete. Just a few more wires and bits to connect, and you should be good to go. It looks a bit strange, but your gallifreyan genes instinctively make sense of it all. The… thing consists of a cardboard box, a broken ceiling fan, some tin foil, spoons, and a bit of imagination. According to your books, it should work just fine, but if anything goes wrong it could be fatal. Especially since there are some… unique residents of New York. Although most of them were wiped out in the paradox created by Amy and Rory, a few of the weeping angels managed to resurface around the city. 

Once you finally complete the machine, you move on to the next stage of the plan.

_____________________________________________

You put on a large sweatshirt , and just as your about to sneak out of your room and down the corridor, you hear a scream of frustration coming from River’s closet. As you step into the large walk in closet, River looks up in surprise. She’d been looking through her clothes and couldn’t decide what to wear. Now she sat in a pile of evening gowns, trying to organize the mess around her. “was I really that loud?” she questions. Even with her tangled mess of hair and distressed state, she still looks elegant. 

“Oh no, I… the door was open a crack, and.” you decide it’s best not to tell her that you were about to sneak into her room to steal her vortex manipulator. 

“Oh sweetie, don’t be nervous, you’ll get used to me.” that’s weird of her to say, considering you’ve known each other for years now. You shake it off. “could you help me find something decent to wear, dear? It seems I have so many clothes but nothing that’s good enough for the doctor.” she winks. You nod and look at what she has around her. She’s right, nothing seems quite right. 

“I know just the thing.” you say, leading her back towards the little table that holds the vortex manipulator, around it were all the longer evening gowns. You point her towards a beautiful royal blue dress, and while her back is turned, strap the vortex on your wrist. Not wasting any time, you urgently type in the coordinates and instantly whip through time and space.